Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wedding!

Want to know the secret to a happy marriage?
Go to weddings.
I love going to weddings because it brings back a lot of memories of my own wedding, and how happy and blissfully in love I was (and still am!). On the 9th, I was able to watch my little brother Sawyer be sealed for time and all eternity to his best friend Kenna! They were married in the Manti, Utah temple, which is the same temple I was married in 4 years ago! (in fact, tomorrow is my anniversary!) This temple holds a lot of meaning to me, not only because I was married there, but my grandma Bushell would call it, "her temple" and she loved it and would attend often.

Now it holds even more meaning because my brother was married there. It's such a special place.

Their wedding day was beautiful and perfect! 

I didn't get as many photos as I had hoped, because I was chasing a toddler around, and not to mention I am the size of a whale right now... But I think I was able to get a few good ones!













(I have more photos, but blogger is having difficulties tonight and is taking forever to load them. Also, I didn't get any photos of the luncheon, sorry mom!)

After the wedding, we did family pictures at the temple, and then we headed to the tabernacle in Manti for the luncheon. My Mom and Aunt made Costa Vida style salads for it, while I made little mason jar holders for the flowers. After the luncheon, we headed home, where Savannah grabbed a nap in the car (I tried, but every time I fall asleep in the car, Bryant thinks it's the best time to turn up the radio and belt-out a song or two... or 10... as loud as he can.) We were able to relax at home for a bit, and then headed to the reception. Their reception was so cute! And I probably ate about 5 cookies... or more, I don't really remember... And a couple of cups of strawberries and cream. I felt bad that we couldn't stay the whole time, but Savannah was getting out of control and I was just way too tired and sore to chase her around, especially because people kept trying to talk to me, and I was trying to keep an eye on her, which is really hard to do when I can't exactly run after her anymore. So I'm sorry to anyone who was chatting with me and I just took off. I wasn't trying to be rude haha!

Anyways, I am so happy and excited for these two crazy kids! Kenna fits into the Peacock clan perfectly and she is such an amazing sister-in-law (I've been VERY blessed with all my in-laws, how did I get so lucky???) Savannah LOVES her to death and is constantly asking to go play with Kenna.

Someone once told me that they felt the first year of marriage was the hardest, but I have to disagree. Sure, it's new and strange to suddenly be living with someone and you have to get used to each others habits and quirks and it can be a frustrating transition. But I think our first year of marriage was one of the best because it is so fun having your best friend with you all the time. You get to come home to them. You get to love and support each other on a whole new level. I am so happy that my brother has found someone who will make him happy, and who he can make happy, for the rest of his life and beyond.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Peacock!

No comments:

Post a Comment