Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Trying to stay busy

We are officially down to one month before this baby is due.
That's 31 days people! 

What happened to April? That whole month seemed like a blur. Really, I didn't even know it was the last day of April yesterday until someone mentioned in on facebook. I still thought it was mid-April! Now that we are FINALLY at the last stretch of the pregnancy, I feel like I need to keep myself busy. The anticipation in killing me! It's equivilent to going on a vacation or something. I get so excited for vacations, I usually make myself sick the night before. But where I don't know the exact date our little man will be here, the anticipation is more exciting, but also worse.

So I need something to do. The problem is, there isn't really anything to do. I try to clean. I putter around the house doing dishes, laundry, picking up toys, but there isn't much to do. I even bought carpet cleaner 2 days ago and hand-scrubbed it into my living room carpets and vacuumed it all up.

I don't really have many hobbies. I like to read, but I've been listening to an audio book Bryant got me, and I feel so lazy sitting on the couch listening to it. I guess I could pull out my scrapbook from my honeymoon (4 years ago...) and finally get around to finishing it.

I do have a few things to do I guess. My goal is to have all his clothes washed, a hospital bag packed, a "sleep-over" bag packed for Savannah to take to her grandma and grandpa's house, and be per-registered at the hospital, all by the end of next week.  We FINALLY got our insurance sorted out, so that's one thing off the checklist. Hallelujah! When I contacted the insurance today to ask what documents we needed to send in to verify that the baby is born, the guy said "you can send in his footprints, or a list of his immunizations, just something with his name on a paper from the hospital." After the conversation, all I could think was "well looks like I really need to find a name for this baby asap!"

Like I mentioned before, I do have my brother's wedding next week, which I'm so excited for! He goes through the temple for the first time on Friday. That will be such an awesome experience! But I thought this wedding would keep me pretty busy, but in reality, there isn't really anything for me to help with. So I'm just sitting around, waiting and getting excited for the big day!

I'm not planning anything for our 4th anniversary, because who knows, I could end up having this baby on my anniversary (really praying that I don't though!). If anything, we will just do dinner and a movie.

I go into the doctor's tomorrow. I'm hoping this will be our first check to see if I've progressed at all. I was 3cm dilated and 90% effaced 3 weeks before I had Savannah, who came a week early, and I'd really like to be that far along again by tomorrow. But I have to keep telling myself that my labor and delivery with Savannah went so smoothly, that I can't expect this one to be just as easy. So I'm expecting the worst. Like, 0 cm and 0% effaced the entire month. I may not even be checked tomorrow, but I will for sure by next weeks appointment.

Maybe I'll get going on yard work this week to keep me busy. Who knows, maybe mowing the lawn and pulling weeds will get me a few steps closer to going into labor in a few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always 0 and 0 right up until I go in to labor. I know what you mean about needing to stay busy. I always make a list of projects I want to get done before the baby comes and try to work on it. Really it ends up that I work frantically for like a week and then have everything done by 37 weeks 'cuz I'm worried I'll go early and own't get anything. This time was three days early and it's the first time it was anywhere close to early. The others were all on or up to a week after my due date. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same as Kiera- a zero till the day of. Every pregnancy is different, I hope this birth goes well for you. Here are some more cool name ideas: Severus, Sirius, Harry, Rory, Jack...but I'm sure you'll think of something ;)

    ReplyDelete