Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Baby Update

Just thought I'd do a quick baby update!

I'm 36 1/2 weeks, which means he will be considered full term this weekend. That's always a relief to get to 37 weeks.

I went in this morning to see my doctor, and everything's looking great!
The baby's head is nice and low (I was worried because he was breech for so long, I'm glad he's finally turned!) and his heartbeat is extremely strong at 150bpm. The doctor said he was impressed with how active he was. And he is measuring a few weeks ahead of schedule. The doctor said that doesn't necessarily mean he will come early, it could just mean he will be a big baby! Which I kind of had a feeling he would be, seeing as Savannah was a perfect 7lbs 8oz (which is the national average) and I figured this baby would be a little bigger than her.

I am dilated to 1cm, which isn't a big deal, but I was expecting 0, so I'm happy for a 1, and I'm 80% effaced already, woo!!!

So the doctor said that this baby boy could come anytime he wants to at this point, which got me really excited! He just can't come Thursday, because that's my brother Sawyer's wedding, and he can't come on the 22nd, because that's my anniversary. But any other time, I'm ok with!

After this weekend I plan on doing a lot more walking to help get me moving a little more. I was 4cm when I went into labor with Savannah. 

We still need to find a name for this kid! Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment