Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

A Thank You, Something Funny, and a Baby Update

First off, I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my blog post yesterday. After I wrote it, I was worried I'd get more backlash, or that I had offended people, or that I sounded really ridiculous, and I very nearly deleted it. But I got an overwhelming flood of support from people via blog comments, Facebook, private messages, text messages, and emails. It's so nice to know that I have more people who have my back than people who dislike me and my decisions and parenting style. 

So Thank you all a million times over! 

Since yesterday's post was emotion-heavy, I thought I'd keep this one light. 

Savannah has been saying the funniest things lately and I keep telling myself I need to write them down so I don't forget this adorable 2-year old stage of imagination. And since this blog is my journal, what better place to write down these memories?

So here are just a few things Savy has said over the last week or so:

"Mom, where my skateboard? I NEED my skateboard!" (And no, she doesn't own a skateboard...)

(While looking in my mouth with a flashlight) "hmmm... Lovely teeth mommy!"


 "Moooooommmyyyy! Where my pack-pack? I go to school! I NEEED my pack-pack, I go to school!!!"

"Mommy, flap your arms! Faster! Flap faster! NEED MORE POWER!!! 3, 2, 1... Blastoff!

(She bites me on the leg) "Mmmmm. Delicious!"

(She's crying hysterically over the fact that I won't give her a cookie until after she eats her dinner first) "But mommy, I'm crying!"



(Comes bursting into my room, slamming the door and breathing heavily) "I scared!" (I ask her why she's scared) "There's a dragon! (This is a recurring thing. Apparently we have a dragon in our house, and sometimes he's scary, and other times he's funny, and on the rare occasion, he rides a choo-choo train).

Waking me up from my nap, she pats me on the leg and states "Mommy, my diaper  SO bad! Yucky! It SO bad!"  (Apparently, Bryant had just changed her diaper and it was a doosey)

(After I asked her to go grab a new diaper) "Aye, Aye Captain!" Complete with a hand salute.

(While in the bathtub) "Oh no! A waterfall! Diego, I save you! Help! Help! Oh no Diego, the waterfall!" (Pretends to swim and pulls an invisible rope)

(She takes a swig of her own bathwater, and I tell her not too and that it's yucky) "No Mom, I feel much better! Yummmm!"



And finally, I thought I'd do another quick baby update. 
Today was my last appointment before this baby arrives, either willingly or by force on Monday. As soon as the doctor walked in, he said "Why are you here?! What is wrong with this baby! He should have been here already!

He told me that if I measured at a 5, he would just send me right to the hospital today. Unfortunately, I was still at a 3. I asked how much I could pay him to say I was a 5, but that didn't work... I asked him if stripping my membranes would help, and he said that it might, but I could just as easily go into labor from being at a 3 as I could from having them stripped, but I decided to have him do it anyway, because I'll try anything at this point.

We discussed my induction again. He said that where I'm at a three and basically ready to go any minute, that my induction should go very smoothly and be a breeze. He's very confident that everything will be perfect. But he told me that if I have any type of contraction pattern at this point, even if they are not close together, that the hospital will accept me. That's comforting to know that if I start contracting regularly, I don't have to wait for them to be 5 minutes apart!

I mowed the lawn today thinking that might start some contractions. I think I had one right after, and then another few this evening, but nothing consistent or painful. And now my body really hurts. But at least our lawn doesn't look like a jungle anymore!

I'm not feeling anxious about having this baby like I was before. I think part of it is the blessing for peace that Bryant gave me, and part is that this kid has an official eviction notice date. He will be here no later than Monday, which takes a lot of the stress out of waiting, and the disappointment after every day that I don't go into labor. That knowledge is helping to keep me relaxed, which is what I really needed.

But here's to hoping that I go into labor tonight! That would be pretty awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment