Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

An exciting new year

Well, here were are, another year over and a new one about to begin.

Last year, I wrote about my resolutions, and as is customary, I didn't keep many of them.
This year, however, my priorities are different. It's no longer just about me. I have many things that need to be done and accomplished before my little girl gets here.

So here it is! My annual list of "Things I want to do, but chances are I'll forget about them or not have time to finish them" list.

A.K.A. my 2011 new years resolution list.

1. Get a baby registry done by the end of January
2. Have baby girl's room done by the end of February
3. Sign up for birthing classes the first week of January
4. Finish my online classes by the beginning of March
5. De-clutter my apartment (mostly, this means making Bryant go through the 20+ white button up collar shirts he has)
6. Pay my car off, then put that money towards Bryant's car
7. Get that darn honeymoon scrapbook done (last years resolution was to have it done by May)
8. After I have baby, be able to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes by the time we go out to Mt. Shasta in July, that gives me roughly 12 weeks. I can do it!
9. Spend more time training Ace.
10. Try to be home more in the evenings
11. Open an Etsy shop
12. Learn not to be so anxious and stressed out
13. Be more adventurous when it comes to meeting new people. I'm in need of some friends
14. Be the very best Mom that I can be to my sweet little girl!

This year has been such an amazing one.

Bryant and I celebrated our first anniversary at Disneyland in May

(photo from Disneyworld on our honeymoon in 2009)

We went to Mt. Shasta for the 4th of July


A few weeks later we found out were were pregnant with our first baby

(26 weeks!)

We went to Jackson Hole Wyoming to go river rafting (yes, I went through class 3 and 4 rapids pregnant!) and it's was Ace's first camping experience.


I went to my first Macfarlane family reunion and we got to go to Yellowstone



Bryant and I have grown so much closer to each other this year as well. We've been able to learn what we need and expect from each other and we are able to communicate and are not afraid to tell each other when we don't agree with something. We've also learned how to better express our love for each other. We've learned to read into each others emotions and how to better deal and help with them.

I'm so terrified, yet so unbelievably excited for 2011.
It's going to be our biggest adventure yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment