Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Baby Names and Birthdays!

It's definitely been the month of Dad!
He's had a successful art show in Salt Lake and yesterday was his Birthday!
Saturday, my family went to my grandparents house for dinner to celebrate, but unfortunately, I had to go to work. Then, I had to go to work all day yesterday too. Bummer.


But thankfully we close early on Sundays so I was able to come home and have dinner with him and give him his birthday present. Last year I got him a calendar with black and white photos of sailboats, and when I asked what he wanted this year, he said he wanted another calendar like it, so that's what I got him. Hope you like it Dad! Just wait until you see what Bryant and I got you for Christmas!

Happy Birthday Dad! You're the best and I love you!!!

Also, the other night Bryant and I started to seriously discuss baby names, and I've had so many people ask me when I'm going to post our choices on this blog, so I thought I'd share what we have so far. I've come to realize that there are a lot more names that I don't like than ones I do like, but I really love these names.

I came up with Savannah Jane, I have always loved the name Savannah and I think it works with our last name.

Then, Bryant came up with Coraline Rose.

The more I run this name over in my head, the more and more I am completely in love with it. My parents really love it too. My dad is particularly excited about it because he has an Aunt Cora (my mom made her fudge recipe last night, as a matter of fact) I think it's such a pretty name for a little girl. Bryant says he wants to call her Rose or Rosie. Cute huh?

Even as I type this, she is kicking like crazy! My whole right side is sticking out from where it looks like she's stretching. I'm taking this as a sign that she really likes the name too.

We also have a couple other names we like, like Bridget and Evangeline. And Bryant says he really likes Sundance, but I'm thinking that would be a good middle name for a boy. But everyone tells me to have a couple picked out because sometimes you will have one and then when they are born, they just don't seem to fit that name.

My Brother was named Justin Colter for a couple of weeks, then my parents decided to change it to Colter Lance. I'm glad they changed it, I could never picture him as a Justin...

So there you have it! A small list of our name choices. If we think of more, I'll be sure to post them! (we better decided quick! We only have just over 3 months to go!)





4 comments:

  1. I love all the names! You can't go wrong with any of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Evangeline, but for our kid, so you should totally use something else. ;) J/K You can use it if you want. I was thinking we could call her Evey like the girl from the Mummy movies. Although Isabelle (whose middle name is Rose, excellent choice) has already named our next boy and girl William and Angelina so who knows what we'll name our next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute! Although, I can't lie, when I think of Coraline it reminds me of the movie Coraline and that creepy lady who keeps calling her name and it freaks me out. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete