Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just a few more things...

I think I have officially put up all my Christmas decorations!
I had most of them up but I had a few more that still needed to be placed out on the shelf or wall.
I made one more ornament and it turned out to be one of my favorite ones that I did.

My Mom gave me this nativity for Christmas last year and she found it while getting her Christmas stuff out. Isn't it awesome? Also, Bryant and I went to his work's Christmas party this week and I got the snowman candle holder in the white elephant gift exchange (actually, I got chocolate, Bryant "stole" this from another person just for me and it was the 2nd time it was stolen, which according to game rules meant it couldn't be stolen again. Score!)


I made a mini-tree, complete with snow (A.K.A leftover Halloween cobwebs) I still need something for the top and I think it could use some white snowflakes on it or something...


My little shelf of Christmas decorations!

I also found an empty box and wrapped it up, then placed our little tree up on it to make it look taller because the presents underneath it were almost half as high as it.


I also pulled out the stockings my Mom gave Bryant and I while we were dating and the wreath I made last year. I'm quite proud of my wall...

I did all this while Bryant was watching some war movie. Even being a history major, I just don't do war movies well. Especially now that I cry at ASPCA and coffee commercials. So I just hid out at my craft table and watched the Charlie Brown Christmas movie.

Also, unfortunately, I feel like I'm coming down with something. My throat hurts and I'm all achy and tired and just feeling very "blah".

Which is so stupid because as Bryant and I sat in the doctors office this morning, I made mention of getting a flu shot and I said "I've been very lucky to only get sick once this whole pregnancy!" Bryant knocked on the wooden arm chair and told me not to jinx it. And wouldn't you know it? Two hours later and I'm feeling like mush.

But My hubby is so good to me. He boiled 2 pots of water to get some humidity going in our apartment and keeps coming into the craft room asking if I want/need/feel like anything. What a worry wart. But I love him.

Good thing I only have 1 class tomorrow then I'm done with school til finals on Monday and I don't work til Saturday night. I can just stay comfy and cozy with my robitusson and hot chocolate. I wish Ace wasn't so stinky, or I'd curl up with him while Bryant is at work...

P.S. Robyn, you asked for a photo of my parents Christmas tree so here it is!


It looks a little jumbled because we took the photo with the lights, I'll get a better one and I'll definitely get a better shot of the village Sawyer made underneath it. It looks like a red rock canyon village! Complete with Thomas the tank engine train :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment