Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Art and Lights

Friday night was the 2nd artist reception for the art show my dad was featured in!
We thankfully made it up ok despite some heavy traffic due to construction and Jazz game patrons.


My mom and dad

My brother and my grandpa, just two cowboys.


My grandma (on right) and her sister Leta made it up too! (hope your foot feels better soon grandma!)

My cousins and my uncle were up there too. It's always nice to see my family!
It was a lot of fun and I am so proud of my dad. He really is an amazing artist and an amazing dad. I hope our baby girl inherits his artistic talent.

Bryant and I stayed for a little while and then decided to jump on trax and go see the lights at Temple Square, which is one of my favorite holiday traditions!

It was really beautiful but we had to kind of rush through everything because it was way crowded, it was close to closing time, and were were getting stopped every few feet by the sister missionaries (nothing against missionaries, they are awesome and super friendly! But I wanted to enjoy the lights and the spirit without being asked the same questions a hundred times)


(two college girls from the UofU were talking to my dad at the show and they saw Bryant, not realizing he was my dad's son-in-law and one girl said "why is that guy wearing a Y hat? This is Ute country!" hahahaha!)

I always like seeing the different nativities from around the world, this was my favorite this year, I think they are Eskimos.

This is the tree inside the Joseph Smith building. I always want to touch everything in that building, is that weird? I just love the pillars and the detail on the banisters and all the elegant chandeliers.

We definitely plan on going up again before Christmas and spending more time up there.

After Temple Square closed, we went back to the gallery via trax and met up with my family again. The show was just closing too so my parents treated us to dinner at Jason's Deli across the street at the Gateway.

Definitely a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment