Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas the night before Christmas...

Well, the chocolate chip cookie pie is in the oven, the presents are all wrapped, the kitchen is cleaned (can't say the same for the craft room) and I've got a few minutes to spare before I have to head off to work (ugh, yes, work on Christmas eve, closing, for the THIRD year in a row...)

So I thought I share a post on what I did on my day off on Wednesday.

First, Bryant's Brother Jacob, his wife Sally, and their adorable baby Jayden were in town for her brother's wedding. We headed up to Murray to spend a quick visit with them before they headed back to California.
Bryant and Jayden enjoying a Strawberry Shortcake movie on his phone. I can't wait to see him with our daughter!

She was a lot more warmed up to her uncle than the last time we saw them, where she cried every time he picked her up.My sister-in-law Sally enjoying some quiet time while Jayden took a brief nap.

After our visit, Bryant and I headed home and picked up my little sister, who helped us finish up some Christmas shopping at the mall and at my work, where we also grabbed some Cider and hot chocolate. Yum!

Afterwords, my Mom called and asked if we would like to go to the Carl Bloch altarpiece exhibit that was at BYU. So we met her, my dad and my Brother Sawyer there a couple hours later and had a ton of fun at the exhibit.

This was my favorite, and what a great way to remember what the Savior did for us during this Christmas season!

My sister and I rented Ipads, where they had an audio tour, plus commentary for each of the paintings, along with a virtual tour of all the churches and cathedrals where they pieces were originally.

After the exhibit, we went to a burger place called Stans.
This is making me hungry just thinking about it!
If any of you live in the Provo area, head to 9th east and try it out! Soooo good!
(nothing says "i'm a teenager!" quite like an open mouth with food in it. After about 8 photos, and that mouth staying open in every single one, I finally decided that, tough luck Sawyer, you get to have this on the internet now!)
And I just can't seem to get rid of these bags under my eyes! Thanks a lot holiday shoppers for making me stay late at work... And thanks to baby for kicking me ALL night long (but I don't mind that so much )

After dinner, we headed over to Spanish Fork to see the lights! One of my favorite holiday traditions!
Bryant enjoyed it so much, that he drove us through twice!

Well, that was what I did on my day off! I just pray that work goes smoothly tonight and I don't get any ridiculous customers tonight (like the lady who said she didn't want a cookbook, but wanted a book with recipes in it... whaaa?)

I'm also hoping we get out at a decent hour so I can spend some time with Bryant's aunts and uncles who are in town before they have to leave.

Well, Merry Christmas everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment