Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

A very Merry Christmas

I had such a fantastic Christmas this year!
I really got spoiled. I don't know how I got such wonderful parents and wonderful In-laws, but I'm so grateful I do.

Unfortunately, I didn't take many photos, and I really wish I had.

Christmas Eve, I had to close at work (for the 3rd year in a row) but thankfully, we were able to kick people out fast (except one lady who was "browsing" forever, and eventually my manager just told her that she had to leave) so we were able to clean up and get out of there in 20 minutes, as apposed to the hour and a half it had been taking us every night all week.

I was so grateful to get out early because I was able to meet Bryant and his aunts, uncles and cousins up in Alpine. I missed dinner, a live nativity and the gift exchange, but I was able to make it for a rousing game of garbage, in which I took 11 out of 12th place (so I'm a little rusty) and I think I ate my weight in cherry tomatoes and ham!

Bryant's aunt Crystal gave everyone these "poppers". They were little presents that you "pop" open and inside there is a crown, a joke and a small gift. Mine had a beautiful compact mirror and Bryant got an LED flashlight! I need to find these next year because they make great party gifts!

Christmas morning, I didn't get any sleep. You know when you are little, and you wake up every hour to "use the bathroom" but you are really sneaking peeks under the tree? Well, when you're pregnant, you really DO have to get up every hour to use the bathroom and you get 2 charlie horse cramps and your baby kicks you on whatever side you are lying on so you have to keep changing sides to get some rest in. I was having a rough night so I got up around 4:30 and watched about an hour of Christmas vacation before falling back asleep, then being woken up by my sister and brother at 7:30.

But the lack of sleep was worth it. It was so fun to watch everyone open their presents! My little sister wanted me to open her gift first, so I did. She and Bryant picked me out the prettiest little apron you've ever seen! I loved it!

I think Bryant really liked all of his gifts too. I got him some vests to wear to work (he's really handsome in vests and sweaters) a game called munchkin, a bionical toy (long story) and a video game he really wanted.

I'm glad I didn't buy him any books because my parents got us a Nook for Christmas! (I said I was spoiled) and I love it! Plus, it's going to save us a lot of money on all the books we read! the first book I downloaded on there? Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

My other big gift? My In-Laws got me a kitchen aid! Yes, again, may I point out that I was spoiled. My mom and I immediately set it to work making rolls, biscuits and pies. Even now, I'm waiting for Bryant to get back from Skiing with his cousins so I can make scones and cookies with it (along with some hot chocolate with the tea pot Bryant got me!) I really wish my in-laws were here so I could have thanked them in person. I really did get so lucky having them in my family.

After gifts, we all took a nap, then had our traditional biscuits and gravy for breakfast. That afternoon we went up to my Aunt Pauline's house for Christmas dinner. I forgot to get pictures there and wish I had. Dinner was great and it was really great to visit with family.

After dinner, we traveled through the fog to my grandparents house for more food and more family time.


My stylin' husband (I'm so glad that isn't his real hair...)

Also...
I'm 26 weeks along! Only 14 more to go!
Baby Stokes was probably the most spoiled, and she's not even here yet!
Opening her gifts was definitely my favorite part of Christmas. She got a few new outfits and tons of books, stuffed animals and blankets from her Grandparents on both sides. It makes me want to start setting up her nursery! (Even though I promised myself I wouldn't until at least February) But I may have to so I have a place to put all of her stuff!

Next Christmas is going to be so much fun having her there.

I am so grateful for all my family and friends. And I'm so grateful for this time of year that I get to spend time with them and remember the savior and all he has done for me and blessed me with.

I hope you all had just as wonderful a Christmas day as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment