Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm old... And baby update!

Ok, Ok, so I'm 23, not old at all.
But New Years eve I felt old.
Why?

Because all the excitement had me exhausted by 12:05 and in bed soon after.

Where did those days go when New Years was an excuse to party until the sun came up and sleep all day the next?

Oh yeah, they were back in high school and my first years at college. Now that I'm preggo, I'm tired by noon. (Last night it was killing me that it was only 6:30 and Bryant didn't want to head to bed like I did. I was exhausted!)

This year, we decided to hang out with my parents and their friends. I tried really hard to guilt people into inviting Bryant and I to their parties but I got the same response from everyone "oh, we are just staying home this year, maybe going to bed early.." Bah humbug to you.

Don't get me wrong though, My parents are pretty groovy.
I just feel sad that no one wants to hang out with us anymore, but I understand that it is a little weird that a lot of my friends are still single and such. We need more couples to "date" as Bryant puts it.

But we had a fantastic night nonetheless.


We played fun games and my Mom did Bajio style salads for dinner. Yum!

The best entertainment of the night was this adorable toddler. She's my parent's friend's granddaughter and she was super cute! My mom passed out those popper things you shoot off at midnight and she had fun going to each person asking if she could "blow up" theirs.

She also had a lot of fun with Bryant and even gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek when she left. My heart melted. I can't wait to watch him play with our kids!


After everyone left, Bryant and I crashed. We were so extremely tired. But we had a lot of fun! Next year will be interesting when I have an 9 month old to put to bed early. I think gone are the days of all night partying...

Speaking of Baby, we had another appointment today. I had to wake up extra early to drink this sugar drink for a glucose test to check for diabetes. It tasted like ultra-strong fruit punch and it burned my throat going down, but it wasn't as bad as the nurse made it up to be. We went to the lab and got the blood work done (the rubber band around my arm hurt worse than the needle) then headed over to the office for the check up.

(27 weeks along!)

Thankfully I didn't gain near as much weight as I thought I did over the holidays. Only 5lbs which is what the doctor said he wants me to gain each month (he said between 5-8lbs a month and I've never gained over 7 so I feel pretty good about that)

My blood pressure was good, sugar, protein and potassium levels were good and my belly measured good, which means baby is growing right on track (woe is me with all the stretch marks I've gotten this week though!)

(I've really started to get big these last couple of weeks, there's no mistaking me for chubby anymore, I'm pregnant!)

We got to get another ultrasound this week because at our 20th week ultrasound she was hiding her face and we couldn't check her lip for a cleft pallet. This time, he was able to get a good look at one side and while he was trying to push her to move to the other, she balled her fists up and hid her eyes, then, right at the perfect moment, she yawned! It was so adorable! He froze the picture and said that there was no better way to check for a cleft pallet than a yawn and she looked perfect! We also got to see her nose and eyes, but it's too hard to really tell what she will look like. I wish he would have printed that picture for us but he didn't :-(

He also double checked to make sure she was still a girl haha! Her bum was way up high, which explains all the kicks I've been getting in the ribs, her feet are up in there!

Our next appointment is in 4 weeks, which will put me at around 31 or 32 weeks along. After that appointment, they are going to have me come in a lot more frequently because she could really come at any time after that. He also said to start watching for contractions. He said I should be getting Braxton Hicks contractions, which are painless and "fake" contractions. He said if I didn't get them, that was perfectly normal too.

I'm still feeling pretty good. Just the normal aches and pains that come with pregnancy. Lots of backaches and leg cramps. Tying my shoes is becoming an annoyance these days. She's getting pretty strong too. Her kicks can be so strong sometimes that it hurts for 10 minutes after!

We are really getting close here! I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought New Years Eve was overrated. I hung out with my in-laws while my hubby was at work, then went to bed around 10:30. At least your parents are fun to be around. My in-laws...not so much!

    ReplyDelete