Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stop... It's Jimmertime!

It's been a while since I've blogged!

Sheesh!

You can blame it on Bryant though, he tried to do something to the router to make his xbox work better and the result was us with no internet at all for a few days. (Take it easy on him though, he was just trying to help...)

But I'm back! And it feels good to be back!

I was a little worried that I would have nothing interesting to write about since my week has been filled with mostly work and lazy afternoons. In fact, I had today off so I spent most of my morning in my bathrobe in bed finishing up "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and dozing off every so often. It wasn't until Bryant called me at 2:00 to say his was off work and didn't have class that I finally decided to jump in the shower.

Since Bryant and I had some extra time together, I dragged him out to do some maternity clothes shopping with me. I really really hoped that my clothes would last the next 9 weeks but every day has become a battle of the closet. It usually consists of me trying on 3 or 4 different outfits that are just too small and just too uncomfortable, so I end up wearing the same 3 or 4 outfits every day, and what I can wear to work is even less.

I just really didn't want to pay for clothes that I was only going to wear for 2 months or less but Bryant made the point that we are going to have other kids, and so maternity clothes are a good investment.

Once we got home we had dinner with my parents and then Bryant got a call from his Brother Tyler saying that he and his roommate had 2 extra tickets to the BYU vs. SDSU game so we raced on down to the stadium and got there about 10 minutes into the game. Mind you, this was the game people waited outside at 7am for 6 hours to get tickets yesterday, not to mention the attendance tonight was over 22,700 people... Yeah, you can be jealous that we got tickets 20 min before and walked right in AND got amazing seats...


Of course the star of the night was Jimmer Fredette. Bryant said that he wants our baby girl to marry his future son hahaha!

It was so loud towards the end of the game too! Little Stokes started pushing and stretching, just like she does when we go to a movie and it gets loud.


It was nuts when the game ended, of course everyone ran onto the court but the police were grabbing people left and right trying to throw them back towards the seats.



It was really pointless for them to even try. This was the crowd on the court after just a couple of minutes. Some of the police were even throwing punches! Lots of people were recording it, i'm sure one may end up on youtube or something, I'll post one if I find one. It just seemed a bit silly that there were about 5 cops and that even though there were already so many people on the court, they still tried to keep more from coming on.


Bryant and his brothers and dad were able to get tickets to the BYU vs SDSU game in San Diego next month. I was invited but I really don't think I can sit in a car for 12 hours. I can't even sit on the couch for 1 hour without needing to get up and walk around. My back just hurts too bad. Plus, I wouldn't have a ticket to the game so the only reason I would go is if my mother-in -law or one of my sisters-in-law came too so we could go to the zoo or shopping or something.

No, I think I'll enjoy a quiet weekend at home instead.







1 comment:

  1. Hey lucky duck! If you're still looking for maternity clothes the best place I've found that every item isn't 50 bucks or more or some plain solid thing is at Burlington Coat factory. Strange but they have a lot to choose from!

    ReplyDelete