Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

We welcome you to munchkin land!

When Bryant and I were dating, a good friend of ours invited us over to play a game called munchkin. It's a card game that, in a way, makes fun of the dungeons and dragons game.
For example, your "character" may be an elf or dwarf or something, but the monsters you fight are evil potted plants, ex-girlfriends and geeks. And your armor may be the pantyhose of incredible strength or the boots of butt-kicking.

Yeah, it's pretty funny.

I got it for Bryant as a Christmas gift because he has always talked about how he loved that game, and he was way excited to play it.

My friend Janine and her husband invited us over to their apartment to play games with my friend Jessica and her husband last night.



Unfortunately, there are a TON of instructions and we couldn't remember how to play it so it was slow going. We had a lot of fun, but after 2 hours I think we made up more rules than followed the real ones.


After the game, Bryant and Janine's husband played some xbox and her and I sat down to talk and we played around with the idea of opening up and Etsy shop together with our friend Jessica. I LOVE this idea because I have been meaning to open one for myself for quite a while but I was nervous about investing in it all by myself and whether or not my stuff would sell well. I like the idea of going in on it with them because we would have more product in the shop without needing to invest so much on our own.

Plus, this will give me something to do while I'm on maternity leave (you know, if the baby is taking a nap and I, for some reason, don't need one... yeah right)

I'm super excited for this and I'm hoping it works out!
I'm meeting with Janine and Jessica tomorrow to figure things out and get some ideas rolling!

It was so nice to hang out with great friends. I hope now that all my classes are online and I'll be gradually working less and less over the next 12-ish weeks (something my manager and I discussed today. Glad to get that figured out!) That I'll be able to spend more quiet around-the-table nights with my friends before baby takes up most of my time.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke! I love you! I actually look cute in that picture, minus the double chin, and everything! Also Megan you are always welcome to the game table!

    ReplyDelete