Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Shy...

So the Sundance Film Festival is well underway in beautiful Park City!
I've never attended any of the film screenings there but I have been up there for a lunch during the festival (Main Street Pizza and Noodle? Yes please!)

However, I have not seen a famous person while I was up there (well, none that I recognized).

The other day I was listening to the radio and they were interviewing the guy who does the voice of Elmo on Sesame Street and I started wondering what I would do if I ever came face-to-face with any sort of famous person. Would I be nervous? Would I start babbling about nothing? Would I geek out and tell them how awesome they were in such-and-such?

Well, I got my answer that afternoon.

And the answer is:
I'd just stand there grinning like and idiot.

No, I didn't meet an actor, or a director, or a music producer.

I met Stephanie Nielson. (A.K.A Nie Nie)

She's a bit of a big deal in the blogging world. If you've never stumbled across her blog, you can go here. I love her blog. I started reading it about a year ago when a friend of mine said she had met her in a grocery store or something.

Her story is amazing.

Anyways, she came into the bookstore the other day and I was covering the registers for a bit while another girl was taking her lunch. I was busy cleaning up the books that were in a basket and when I looked up I saw her husband. I instantly recognized him and my first thought was "oh my gosh! I hope Stephanie is with him!" And there she was, checking out the mini notebooks we had on the shelf.

This was like meeting a celebrity to me. Immediately, my mind was going nuts. "What do I say? Do I tell her I read her blog? No, that might seem too fan-girl-ish... Should I just tell her it's nice to meet her? What if I just sound like an idiot? I bet she gets this all the time..."

Instead, I just greeted them, asked if they had a member card, and stood there grinning like an idiot. To make it worse, I was so excited that I was slightly shaking (this could also be due to the fact that we were behind on lunches and I was starving). So I was a grinning, shaking, shy idiot.


I really regret not saying anything. I wish I would have told her that I read her blog, that her strength and optimism are impressive and that it was really great to meet her.

Dang my shyness!

Well, I'm just going to have to buck up and say something if I ever happen to meet her again.

Or, you know, any celebrity or famous person for that matter...




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goooooodness! You met Nie Nie! I would have said hi and tried to hug her probably. She is amazing.

    ReplyDelete