Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving!

I have a bad habit that when I pray, I tend to just ask for things I need. I always give thanks for things, but its usually rushed to get to the things I need and want. I decided to give a prayer of only thanks and my prayer seriously took soooo long to say and I realized how good I felt to give thanks, and I realized how many things I had to be grateful for. I decided that in honor of Thanksgiving today, I would post just a few of them.

1. MY HUSBAND- I am so incredibly grateful for Bryant. In the past 3 1/2 years that I've known him and the last year and a half we have been married, I've come to realize that there is no one else in this world who is more perfect for me than him. To put it simply, he puts up with me. He handles all my stress and breakdowns and tears with ease and is my support throughout everything. Even after a year and a half, I still miss him when he's at work and still get butterflies in my stomach when he sneaks a peck on my cheek when I'm falling asleep. I love him so much and I'm so happy we were able to find each other here on this massive earth out of 6 billion other people.
(Bryant told me not to put this picture up cause his eyes are closed, but I still like it!)

2. MY WIGGLY BABY GIRL- I am already so in love with her and she's not even here yet! And I can't help but have this feeling that she already loves me too. Even just this morning, I was laying in bed and I suddenly got worried, I hadn't felt her move since I had gotten off work the night before and lately she's been waking me up in the middle of the night with her kicking. I was suddenly terrified that something had happened and just as I was about to get up and begin really panicking, I felt a whole series of really strong kicks. It was almost like she was saying "hey mom, calm down! I'm fine!"

I am so grateful to become a mother. Even though when I sit down and really think about it, I start to get worried that I won't be a good mother, that I won't have the time or the energy, that my schooling may take a lot longer than planned, that I don't have space for her, I always get a calming reassurance that God never gives you anything you can't handle. He knew that my heart desired a child and felt that I was ready to take care of one. She really is such a blessing in my life!

3-MY FAMILY- I'm the luckiest person on the planet when it comes to family. My family is such a strong support system to me and they are always there when I need them. They are the best and I wouldn't trade them for any other family ever!

4-MY IN-LAWS- Speaking of family... You know all those jokes about in-laws and you always here people complain about their in-laws? So NOT true! My in-laws are THE BEST! They have welcomed me into their family and have made me feel so comfortable and welcome around them!

5-SCHOOL- There are so many times, especially now with work getting busy and a baby on the way that I just want to quit school. I just want to throw my hands up and yell "I'm done! I'm never coming back!" but then I realize that out of every person on the planet, I'm a lucky one. I have been given the opportunity to go to college when so many, many people in this world don't get the chance to even go to grade school. When I realize this, it makes me all the more determined to finish school. "so what?" I think "There are tons of parents, even single mothers, who work a whole lot more than I do and finish school. So can I!"

6.-MY JOB- I love my job. I may get tired and worn out a lot faster now and I may complain about a rough day or an angry customer, but I really do love it at the bookstore and I realize that my job is another blessing in my life, especially during these hard times in the economy when so many people have lost theirs.

7-ACE- Of course I have to add my puppy to this list. Ace is a good buddy to have around and even though he is such a stinker, he is a good and loyal and protective of me, and such a sweetheart.


These are just a few of the things I'm grateful for, I could go on and on all day. But right now, my sister just came down with a plate of yummy divinity to watch the Macys Thanksgiving day parade with me. It's the little things like this that I'm also so thankful for.

I suggest to everyone that when you pray tonight, to really spend some time on your knees giving thanks for all that God has blessed you with. It will really make you feel so good.

Happy Thanksgiving Every One!
Enjoy your family and friends, and of course, the turkey today!


No comments:

Post a Comment