Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Baby Stokes Is A.....

Today was our long awaited ultrasound!
I was so excited that I was going crazy all morning!
I even woke up early when I didn't need too!

So we show up at the doctors and they usher us in a really nice room with a GIANT TV in there, ready to go. The doctor walks in and the first thing he says is "before I even turn the machine on, just tell me, do you want to find out? I don't want to spill the beans if you don't"

Of course we do!

So we got down to business.

Everything looked amazing and perfectly healthy with our little bundle of joy. He measured the head, belly and leg and the computer said the baby was growing right on track.


(baby Stoke's Arm and hand)

The brain looked great and was developing perfectly, all 4 chambers of the heart were intact with no holes and pumping at a perfect pace! And the spine was fully formed and stationary.
(The spine, bum and leg!)

The feet were adorable and baby was kicking like crazy! I think I have a soccer player on my hands...

(The legs and a foot! The baby was kicking and it looked like it was running in place!)

The only thing we didn't get to see was a profile because the baby's head was low by my right hip and facing my spine, the doctor tried pushing my stomach to try to get it to roll over and it just wouldn't budge! Bryant said that it was definitely his kid if it was already being a stinker :-)

I was ok with it though because they said they will do another quick ultrasound next time so we can get a good profile shot and check for a cleft pallet.

They recorded the whole thing for us on a DVD, which was really fun to come home and show my parents. I wish I was going to Mt. Shasta for Thanksgiving to show my in-laws too!

Finally, after everything was checked and OK'ed, we were able to find out what it is!

Baby Stokes is a....

(drum roll please)

GIRL!!!

I am SO EXCITED to have a baby girl!!!
And I've decided that it is perfect because:

1. The last few babies on my dads side have been boys
2. My cousin on my mom's side is having a boy just before I'm due,
3. My Great-Grandma told my mom she made 2 girl blankets because there are too many boys in the family
4. My little sister probably would have thrown a fit if it was a boy
5. My niece Jayden will have a girl cousin to play with!
And
6. My heavenly father has decided to bless Bryant and I with this baby Girl

Bryant is so excited too. During the entire ultrasound he was grinning from ear to ear and I could hear him whisper "wow" over and over again.
Man-o-man do I love him.

I am dying to start planning a nursery and buying cute girl cloths and all sorts of stuff!
And of course, picking out the perfect name. I already have a couple in mind, but it's going to be a lot of fun coming up with more!

I am so incredibly grateful to become a mother of a wonderful Daughter. I'm already so completely in love with her!

Also, just a side note, this is my 100th post!!!
Woooohooooooo! (I specifically waited until I knew what the baby would be, just for this momentous occasion! My goal for the next 12 months: 200 more posts!)

2 comments:

  1. Wohoo! How exciting! Can't wait to hear some names!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Girls are the best...of course I'm biased!

    ReplyDelete