Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

So proud of my Dad!


Friday night was the artist's reception for the art show my dad was featured in!
I had been waiting for this for MONTHS!

Bryant and I headed up right after school to do a bit of Christmas shopping, but ended up taking too long to grab dinner.
We ate at California Pizza Kitchen and Bryant was being a stinker about letting me take his picture. I told him if he kept hiding his face, it would end up on my blog... So here it is!

Afterwords, we walked over to the gallery (literally across the street from the Gateway) where the night was in full swing! There were TONS of people there! In the gallery my dad was in, it was literally shoulder to shoulder standing. SO MANY people were there, it was great!!!
My Dad chatting with visitors. Sorry for the dark picture, Hopefully I'll get better ones at the December 3rd holiday exhibition.


We had tons of family and friends stop by, which was fun to see them (and I have to say that I don't think I've ever had my belly rubbed that much by that many people...)


Lots of people we didn't know were also chatting up a storm with my dad. There was even one man that had had a stroke a few months ago and he was telling my Dad about it (my dad had one when he was 39).

My Mom, enjoying talking with friends and family (and enjoying the lemonade I bought her!)
Don't you just love her jacket? I might have to borrow it...

It was fun to go around and see the other exhibits too. Also, there was a Christmas tree there where you could bring your own ornament to put on it. I made on the other day and gave it to my sister to put on it.


My Dad even sold a few paintings and it was only opening night! I was in there for only a few minutes and Bryant was telling me how the ballerina was his favorite and how he hoped it wouldn't sell so we could put it in the baby's room, I turned around for just a second and when I looked again, there was a sticker saying it had been sold! That fast!

Bryants 2nd favorite was sold too! Poor Bryant, he just can't win haha! But I told him not to worry, I can make a print of the ballerina and still put it in our girl's room. :-)

All-in-all it was a fantastic night! I am so proud of my dad and all his hard work he put into this! He definitely deserves the attention and recognition!

I can't wait until the December 3rd reception! It going to be just as amazing!

(*disclaimer: I apologize for any spelling, grammatical or continuity errors. I'm exhausted from being on my feet all day, every day this weekend at work and I would be asleep it it wasn't for a certain wiggly girl who is kicking my bladder, the sides of my stomach where it feels stretched to it's limit, and towards my lower spine... which is new and not very pleasant...)





1 comment:

  1. What a great artist! I went to his blog and got a closer look at his paintings. Its really great stuff, I've never been able to draw hands.

    mmmmmm pizza kitchen.... besides the people, this is the thing i miss most from Utah!

    ReplyDelete