Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The next big adventure!!!

I always thought that marriage was the biggest adventure in the world. And who doesn't love a great adventure? It's an adventure because love is exciting and frustrating and happiness all rolled into one. Marriage means that you and your best friend in the whole world are living together, working on building a life together. You suddenly have to deal with not only your own problems and worries and fears, but also those of your spouse.

As with all adventures, there is a certain amount of danger and scary things and uncertainty that comes along, but the best part is that you're not going on this adventure alone. Your spouse is always there to help get you out of a sticky situation.

Bryant and I are two Indiana Jones and we are about to embark on our next big adventure!
(Drum roll please.....)

I'm Pregnant!!!

Yup, preggo!

We found out a few weeks ago. I was so nervous and I wanted to know right away but I gave myself a date to wait for. Finally, that day came and I pulled out the pregnancy tests that I bought the night before. So that big "pee on a stick" moment came and what did the results show?


One really dark line and one super light line. (It was actually a bit darker than in the picture)

I couldn't put my faith in a super light line. So I started to chug some milk so I could take the second test. About an hour later and I've taken the second test. The results?

Another dark line and another light line...

Bryant was convinced that meant I was pregnant but I'm sorry, this was the next BIG ADVENTURE in my life that I was basing on two light lines.

I ran to the grocery store and decided that I would just get those digital ones. You know, those ones that say weather you are pregnant or not pregnant. In words.

Well, the results were in...Pregnant!

We were both really excited! We were leaving for Jackson Hole that afternoon to go river rafting so we decided to wait until then to tell our parents. It took everything I had not to spill the beans though because not even an hour after I took the tests my little brother came up and told me that he wanted me to have a baby because he wanted to be an uncle.

You want to hear the funniest part? The DAY BEFORE, my mom shows up with a bag full of baby shoes. They were on sale for a dollar a piece and her and my dad had bought boy and girl shoes and in different sizes "just thinking ahead" my mom said. Little did we know that those shoes are going to come in handy in about 7 months!

They are all so cute! I can't wait to get to use them!

We went to the doctor, just to get and "official" pregnancy test and to get a due date. We are due March 24th! They said we didn't need to make a real appointment until at least 10 weeks since you can't hear a heartbeat or anything until then anyways. So here I am, at 9 weeks and I still need to find an OB. I might actually go with my mom's OB that delivered my youngest sister Sage because my mom said they are a team of about 5 doctors and you see all of them throughout the pregnancy. That way if one happens to be gone when I go into labor, there is always a back up.

So here I go! On to the next great adventure!
Lets consider this my "before" picture:


I took this when I first found out so this may be the last time in a long time that I'll look tiny in a photo haha!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the prego club. The coolest place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I got the super faint line when I was pregnant with Isabelle and totally freaked out about what it meant. It was a sunday so I couldn't go get more tests, but I looked it up online and everything I found said that any trace of a line was a positive result. Best of luck on your next big adventure! ;)

    ReplyDelete