Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

I could eat my weight in salmon

Sorry I've been lacking in my blogging. Hopefully I'll get the whole weekend updated here today and tomorrow.

Anyways, lets start with Friday.

Friday I was supposed to work, but unfortunately they have been cutting hours so I showed up, only for them to tell me they didn't need me. My dad and my sister were there in the cafe getting drinks and reading magazines, waiting for my mom to get off work and meet them there.

They were all going to the Salmon Bake.

Since I suddenly had a free night, I called up my Grandma and asked her to buy Bryant and I a ticket, and once Bryant got off work we drove up there.

The Salmon bake is a fundraiser for the city. And at 15 bucks a plate, and well over 2000 people, I'd say it was a very successful fundraiser! And the food was amazing!!!


Tons of food!!! (and I think I ate everything on my plate!)
They overnight the salmon from Alaska, so it's super fresh! (It's rare here in the desert to get fresh fish!) And it was amazing!

Lots of people!


Grandpa and Dad

Mom, Nichole, and Brad (my aunt and uncle)
I know, we are adorable...

After the dinner, my little sister Sage, Bryant and I went to my cousins house for a poker night.

I don't know much about Texas hold 'em but thankfully, Bryant's really good at it so he was able to help me. I still lost pretty badly. It could have been that I was having too much fun with this little guy to really pay attention.Isn't River adorable? He's always happy too, he smiles at EVERYTHING!Don't you think Bryant will make a great dad some day? He got River laughing so hard he got the hiccups!
My cousin Layne, his wife Carrie with River and their son Colter.
Macey!!!Sage, Moose and Macey!

Well, it's official, I'd take Salmon and poker night over work anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment