Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Family reunion!

Part two of my weekend!

Saturday morning, we went to my cousin Coleman's baptism!


He shares the same birthday as my Brother Colter and he turned 8! Which means that he was ready to be baptized a member of the church! Woo! He did a great job and Bryant got to be a witness and be in the circle for the confirmation. I'm so proud of my husband for being a worthy priesthood holder. It's such a comfort to know that my husband can be there to give blessings, and will be able to baptize our own children someday.

I even got called on the spot by the bishop to talk about my baptism. Of course I panicked for a bit, but I think I did alright. (I was baptized in Hawaii in the ocean... yup, you can be jealous... haha!)

After the baptism, we went back to my Aunt's house for brunch (yummy!).

That afternoon, we went up to a family reunion for my mom's family. We met in a city park and had fun taking pictures dressed up in pioneer outfits (my brothers really got into it! It was awesome!) and eating a big lunch and playing some games.


We auctioned off pies to raise money for the next family reunion.


I got an apple pie (Bryant's favorite of course!) which I found out was the one my parents brought haha!

My parents got a blueberry pie, and my grandpa got a Boston cream pie that he gave to us.


Sack racing!

Red light, green light.

Ron was cheating...


So he got sent back to the beginning. hahaha!


We had a lot of fun, but I was bummed because I had to leave early for work, then when I showed up, they didn't need me again. Thankfully they are letting me use 2 days worth of vacation time this week to make up for the 2 days they didn't need me last week. This is going to be really nice because Bryant and I are leaving this afternoon for a family reunion for his mom's family. I'm excited! They are renting out a cabin, but Bryant and I are bringing our tent to sleep outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment