Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I was an adorable 2nd grader...

Today my mom was cleaning out a box to put some school supplies in it and she found a folder from when I was probably in the second grade.

It had a handful of papers that I had to write. Poems, short stories, essays.
I was pretty adorable.

For example, I had to write a paper about what I would do if I had 1000 dollars. My response roughly stated "If I had 1000 dollars, I would buy a convertible, I would buy a dozen candy bars, and then I would give the rest to the poor because I want to be a nice person." (but there were a lot more spelling errors...)

I like that I would have been content with a dozen candy bars...

I must have really been on a candy bar kick because I also found a poem that went something like "I like the night, it is light, I like candy bars, light like stars"
(I know, I'm the next Pablo Neruda... but with a sweet tooth)

Another thing that really made me happy: when the little girl next door told me her dad's name is Brian and I said "thats like my husbands name, except his is Bryant!" She then got a funny look on her face and pointing at Bryant asked "You mean that green guy with the shirt?" (Bryant was wearing a green shirt... He wasn't actually green...)

Kids are adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment