Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

One year later!


So It's been a year since I got hitched to the most wonderful person in the whole wide world! And after a year I am still madly in love with him.

Also, after a whole year I:

Finally got my wedding pictures from our photographer (we have been trying to get them all year and he kept saying he hadn't printed them, then my parents saw him at a ball game the other night and they were all in an album sitting in his car. I'll post some of my favorites soon, after I make a copy of them on CD)

I still have not legally changed my name (Sorry Bryant! I'm making it my goal to get it done my next day off)

I finally got my photos from my honeymoon all on a CD (I had them printed out but lets face it, I live in the age of computers, I wanted them all on CDs)

and the top of my wedding cake is still taking up my whole freezer. (It's also my goal this week to thaw it and eat it!)

Our anniversary was amazing! We had a blast in Disneyland! We left about 6:45am on Friday and got there around 3:30pm California time. We took a nap and watched the end of a movie before we headed off to medieval times where we had dinner and watched a jousting tournament thing. Out knight was kind of a wimp and ended up losing, then got "killed" by the bad guy in the end. But it was still fun to watch and we were front row center! The food was pretty good (and you had to eat it all with your hands, which is always super fun).

Saturday we got up bright and early and got to the park as soon as it opened. There was NO ONE in the park until about noon so we walked onto every ride!


(all photos are from our trip to disney world last year, I have not gotten this years pics on my computer yet but i'll post them as soon as I do!)

Since Saturday was our anniversary, we had made reservations at the Blue Bayou, which is a restaurant inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It was so good! I got a salad, and new york cut steak with potatoes and asparagus and Bryant got the Jambalaya with the gumbo.

Sunday we decided to sleep in a bit and do California Adventure first and stop at dennys for breakfast. Our hotel was situated perfectly. It was on the same block as Dennys which was across the street from the park. everything was a quick 5 minute walk. Sunday was a little busier but everyone cleared out after the fireworks around 9:45 so we got to go on all our favorites again without a line.


(I LOVE Disneyland's chocolate covered frozen bananas, and I made Bryant buy me one almost everyday last year and again this year. Yummy!!!)

One of my new favorite rides is the toy story midway mania. It's a 3D ride where you play classic boardwalk games. The Michel Jackson 3D movie called captain EO they brought back for this year was pretty awesome too, It as so cheesy you couldn't help but laugh the whole time. Plus there was an adorable little kid sitting next to me who kept giggling at the alien spider looking lady and he kept tapping on my knee to make sure I was laughing too.


We left Monday around 12:30pm and we stopped in Las Vegas to visit my Cousin Cody, his wife Katie and their super adorable baby Zion. He's got the biggest eyes ever! I hope I can see him again this summer.

We got home around 1:30am Utah time and we were exhausted. But as I walked into the bedroom what do I find? The room was flooded! Apparently, it had snowed pretty hard while we were gone, then jumped up to 65 degrees and the window well filled up again. The only things to get wet were a pile of cloths that are going to be donated to DI and my little sisters Percy Jackson and the Olympians book. The rug got soaked too and it's still drying out.

But overall our anniversary was amazing! Although it was short, we both had a lot of fun and I can't wait until we can go back.

Now it's time to look forward to our next big summer trip to Mt. Shasta in July! I'm so excited!!!

1 comment: