Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My mom is superwoman


(haha, Colter's face is the best!)


My mom is amazing.
Absolutely amazing.

She knows how to do pretty much anything.
I think that's what happens when you become a mom. You suddenly know how to do everything.

The first thing my mom has learned to be a pro at is being a mom to me and my two brothers and little sister, and let me tell you, we are quite the handful (Especially me) And over the years, she not only has taken care of us, her own kids, but she has welcomed our friends into her home and treated them as if they were her children as well. (Sage told me the other day that she has 6 brothers, Colter and Sawyer, and their friends Christian, Tanner, Jackson, and Kevin) Kevin even called her and my brother on Christmas while he is on his mission haha!

For us, she has not only had to be a soccer mom but she has had to be a...
Soccer
Basketballl
softball
baseball
dance
football
tennis
FFA
Drama

Mom
(My brother Colter is on the bottom left)
She is a master...

Travel agent
chef
referee
therapist
Wedding planner
advice columnist
nurse
pharmacist
gardener
housekeeper
adventurer
seamstress
party planner
(and she's pretty awesome at her actual job at BYU working in the financial services too)

She has had to take care of us single-handedly when my dad had a stroke when he was 39 (she was only 36!). She didn't leave my bedside when I was hospitalized for a week with pneumonia when I was 18. And she's rushed my brothers to the Emergency room numerous times when they've broken, sprained, or cut something.

She knew just what to make if you were feeling sick (toast and sprite) sad (enchiladas, my fav) or just in need of an after school snack (even those tofu smoothies you used to make us were pretty good!)

And she always been patient with me when I call her, crying and hysterical over some little thing. She knows just what to say and how to help.

Mom, you're the best and I love you so much.
I hope I can be just like you when I become a mom.
Happy mothers day.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome Mother's day post!! Oh and Hapy Belated Mother's Day :) to your momma and all the awesome mommas out there!

    ReplyDelete