Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Gorillas? Really?

So I had the weirdest dream last night and I didn't remember it until just now as I was making some oatmeal for a late breakfast/early lunch and it's so random and weird I just had to share!


So in my dream I had lost my job at the bookstore so I had gotten a job at the mall in a store that sold clothes and books (I know, so far it the perfect dream world... at least to me) and It was my first night closing. So I am folding up the clothes and re-shelving books and I'm just about to lock up the store when the manager notifies me that there is another huge department store at the end of the mall that has 2 gorilla balloon things that need to be taken down, deflated, folded up and stored away every night. I was so mad because if they weren't ours, I didn't see why I needed to go take them down. So I huff and puff and grumble my way down to the other store and I realize that there are people in the mall! But the mall was closed, why would there be people? Apparently, in this dream mall, people use it as a training area by night. There were people running, people swimming, people kayaking, people doing yoga. Yeah, I'm confused too.

So I finally get the two gorillas down and put away and I realize that the sun is coming up. I had been there all night! As I was trying to lock up so I could hurry home before the manager realized I had taken too long to close up, when another co-worker came up and told me that there were small apartments in the mall where everyone lived because no one was able to close up on time, so no one ever left the mall.

I told you it was weird. Well, I'm on my way to buy vegetables to plant in my garden and It's also the first day the public pool is open and I'm off to go work on my tan!

1 comment:

  1. I love dreams. . . they are such random expressions of our consciousness, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete