Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Crispier than a fried green tomato

I'm loving the warmer weather.
Spring had taken way too long to get here if you ask me.
Yesterday afternoon after church I had made a huge mistake.
I had thought that the Orem Owlz (yes with a Z) baseball team were playing so Bryant and I invited my family to come watch the game with us. So we drove down to the stadium, only to find out that they weren't playing until the end of next month. Oops.

We had some cheese and crackers and cokes and blankets so we decided to take advantage of my mistake and go to the park and enjoy a small picnic.


Watching the ducks

Moments before Sage tossed Sawyer's hat in the pond

This morning I had planned on doing some gardening and spring cleaning, but my little sister wanted me to take her and her friend to the public pool since today was the first day it was open for the year. Yeah why not, I'll pull out that swimsuit and read a book out in the sun.

Unfortunately, three hours passed without me realizing it and I got toasted.

(bleh, not only is my leg fried, its a little flabby)

It doesn't look to bad in the picture because it was taken with the iphone, but if you could actually see it, or if you know me personally and know how pale I am, you would know my pain right now. My legs look the worst but my arms feel the worst. I'm just hoping that It tans nicely so all the pain is worth it.

I didn't even want to come home and work on my garden. I took a nice nap while Bryant did homework and now I just want to lay in bed with a coke and a bottle of aloe vera. I'm hoping I can get through work tomorrow. And I'm really hoping I don't run out of aloe.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I hope your legs and arms gets better soon and that you get an awesome tan!!

    ReplyDelete