Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

LP's and flowers

I think there is a difference between a bad day and a rough day.

A bad day is when a bad thing happens to you. It's when it seems that bad things happen repeatedly over and over all day long.

A rough day is when you take that bad day, and you mix in being sick, freaking out over your missing 11 year old sister, and bird crap on your car.

I think it's safe to say I had one rough day. No, it was worse. It was a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day with a side of rough. So it's 4 am this morning, I'm freezing because Bryant has stolen all of the covers. I get up to get a drink, and realize that my ears won't pop and I have a slight pain in the back of my throat. I get up at 9 to get ready for work, and yup, you guessed it; it's a full blown, sore throat, achy body, stuffy head, puking my guts out cold.

Super ultra lame-sauce.

I get to work and it just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. I ask repeatedly if I can go home. No dice, I have to find someone to cover. Fine. I call EVERYONE I can and guess what?

They are all sick too.

Thank heavens for Bryant. He strode into my work, like a freaking knight in shining armor, like a saint, like Bono, brandishing a liter of sprite, dayquil, tylenol, zicam, crackers and zyrtec (just in case I had allergies too).

I wanted to cry I was so happy.


I make it the whole 8 hours. By now I'm tired, I'm irritated and I'm just not feeling well. I go out to my car to find it completely covered in bird crap. There are at least 10 cars on either side of mine and not ONE was hit. Ug, just let this day end in peace.


So I get home, Bryant is upstairs in my parents house, waiting for a pizza he ordered for him and my little sister since my mom was with my great grandma at the hospital and my dad and brothers were camping. There's only one problem. Sage is no where to be found! Once again, I call EVERYONE, my dad my brothers, my grandma (thanks grandma for helping me out so late at night, you're the best!) the hospital, and of course, my mom is not answering her phone (mom, if you're reading this, I suggest you put it in your purse every night before you go to bed... just a suggestion :)


So after freaking out, several calls, taking loads more dayquil and nearly having an anxiety attack, my mom and Sage walk in after having gone to the movies.

Phew!

So here I am, it's almost 1 in the morning, i'm exhausted, I'm irritated, and I'm feeling like crap. I've had one ROUGH day. But as I was doing a bit of general straightening up before I got ready for bed, I put a book on my coffee table and realized something...



I realized that everything on this little table makes me happy. The record player was a wedding gift from Bryant, the flowers were a gift from him when I was stressing out a couple of days ago, the wall-e is from Bryant when Ace chewed up my mickey mouse he had gotten for me on my birthday 2 years ago, the cards in the black and red boxes are all hand made by my aunt and are beautiful, and of course, my books.



It may have been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. A rough day. But in the end, I have to realize that when I have those days, Bryant is right there toughing them out with me. He's like a James Dean reincarnation for heavens sake! He just sits there, calm and looking cool, and he knows how to melt my heart with just a glance. He's amazing. He's my best friend and he always knows just what to do in any situation i'm in.


P.S. Happy 50th post!!!

1 comment: