Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

6 Months!

I can't believe Savannah is already 6 months old! I think this was the first time that I felt a little sad that she is growing up so fast. Before, I couldn't wait until her next milestone, but now, I realize that I'm really going to miss these days. I'm still excited to see her first tooth, to see her crawling and talking and eventually walking, but it's just weird that in another 6 months, we will be celebrating her birthday!



We had her 6 month check-up Monday and once again, I have a happy healthy baby!
I can't find the paper with all her stats on it, I know It's in the kitchen somewhere but I'm too tired and lazy to get up and go look for it, so I'll put her official numbers up in my next post.

I do remember that she is in the 75th percentile for height, 50th for head circumference, and 25th for weight. She is now 15lbs 5 oz, which really surprised me because thats only a pound in the last 2 months, and I swear she chunked up a whole lot more that one pound. I mean, have you seen her legs? Her rolls have rolls, on tops of more rolls! But she's tall and skinny. The doctor said that her weight was actually more like the 40th percentile according to her stats, but by the national average, she was in the 25th. Not sure what that means, but he said it was perfectly fine for her, considering I (used to be) was tall and skinny most my life (until I got pregnant haha!)


(She loves this bouncer! She was actually getting pretty tired so she wasn't jumping as much as normal, I'll have to get a better video soon)

But as far as developmentally, she is right on track as well. She just learned to sit up, and is so happy that she can. It took her a while to figure out her balance, but now she does fairly well. She just needs to learn that she can't look too far up, or grab for something out of her reach or she topples over.


She still loves food, and has figured out that anything that goes in mamas mouth, is probably food and she wants it Right. This. Minute. In fact, Bryant and I took her with us to a restaurant recently and I was holding her on my lap, eating some bread dipped in cheese, and she started to get mad that I wasn't giving her any, so she picked up a piece, shoved it in her mouth and chewed off a chunk and swallowed it faster than Bryant or I could fish it out of there!


She still sleeps through the night, mostly between 11:30pm and 9:30am. She has decided that she only likes to sleep on her stomach though, which really worried me and I was waking up every couple of hours to go flip her over. But I talked to the doctor about it and he said that I absolutely should NOT worry about her sleeping on her stomach. He said that if she's strong enough to roll over, she can roll back if she needs too and that SIDS is virtually not a problem from here on out. He also said that honestly, once a baby can roll over in the middle of the night, there is not much you can do about it (other than get up every 10 min to roll them back over, which, as I said, isn't a hazard any more.)

(She sleeps with her bum in the air. I love it!)

She gets noisier every day and has a different sound for everything. She spits when she wants attention, she yells short, loud "Ba!" sounds when she wants something from you, and high pitched squeals when she's playing. Her new favorite thing is to tease Bryant. She will sit next to him and get a big smile on her face, then slowly reaches her hands out and grabs his shirt, then he acts surprised and turns to her yelling "what are you doing?" or "Are you getting me?!" and she squeals and laughs! Then he goes back to "ignoring" her and she does it again! 
(This is Savannah with Bryant's parents. Ed is making silly noises and she's trying to copy him!)

She still gives kisses if you ask, but she's gotten picky about dishing them out. I'm happy to say that I get the majority of them! 

She's also gotten really attached to her stuffed cow. It's one of those stuffed animals with a blanket as the body, and she hangs onto that thing all day long. When she goes down for a nap, she snuggles with it, usually with it pressed against her cheek or covering her face (don't worry, I take it out of her crib entirely when she falls asleep). I have to wash it constantly because it gets chewed on so much! It just melted my heart when she got her shots the other day and she cried and cried until I handed her her cow and she buried her face in it and calmed right down!


(She sleeps with her eyes slightly open, just like her mama!)

My little girl is getting too big!

No comments:

Post a Comment