Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Road Less Traveled

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
Looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh 
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that had made all the difference
         --Robert Frost

     I'm not sure why, but I woke up this morning with this poem on my mind. I used to have it taped to my closet door and would read it often, back when I was planning on being this exotic world traveler (well, I still plan on that actually). Whenever I think of this poem, I imagine Robert Frost in the quaking tree forrests up by my grandparents cabin, the leaves turning yellow, and him standing there with a book and a pen in hand. I picture him getting that tingly, warm adrenalin feeling that starts in your lower back and rises up through your head and down your chest and into your hands that comes with that excitement when you know something exciting is about to happen.


  I'm feeling a bit adventurous today. I can't explain it. I just woke up and thought "Today is going to be exciting! There's an adventure going to happen!" Maybe I've just got that traveling bug again...

     Now if you'll excuse me, my two biggest adventures are still asleep (sleeping in on a Saturday? Who does that?!) and I need to go wake them up, I've decided we are going out to breakfast to start our day off right!

Whats your adventure going to be today?

Happy Saturday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I made pancakes from scratch today. Cooking is always a tricky adventure for me, but I was determined to introduce American pancakes to my Portugese friend. Since I used Pioneer Woman's recipe, they turned out pretty well.

    ReplyDelete