Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Crepes, Fairs, And My Birthday!

Sunday was my 24th birthday. We started the morning off right by being lazy and watching sesame street with Savy.


(I love these two pictures. They both looked at each other all serious like, and then when I was about to snap the next one, they both started laughing. Like it was some kind of inside joke! These two are like peas in a pod and Savannah, even at only (almost) 6 months enjoys teasing him. It's too adorable.)


Then Bryant took me out for breakfast. There is a fairly new place in Provo called the "Awful Waffle" that I have heard good things about and have wanted to try for a long time, but it seemed that every time we made plans to go, they would fall through last minute.



So Saturday, we headed down for breakfast (more like an early lunch) and the place was PACKED! There was a line that stretched the length of the parking lot and it took us a good 15 minutes to order. But it was definitely worth the wait. 

I got a crepe with bananas and nutella, and Bryant got one with strawberries and cream cheese icing. I think next time, I'm getting a crepe with bananas, strawberries, nutella and cream cheese icing combined. 


I was in heaven.

After breakfast, we headed up to the south town mall to look for a necklace I had seen there before  to get as a birthday present for myself, but they didn't have it, so we continued on our way up to Salt Lake.

My brother has been working at the Utah State Fair and had gotten us free tickets. We met up with my mom and sister there and had a great time! Savannah really liked the animals, but would scrunch up her nose every now and then and make a face like she was smelling something bad, which she was. Those cows are stinky!




My favorite thing was the homemade crafts. I was so impressed with all the things people have made! Especially the handmade lace. There were a few people doing demonstrations and it looks like such a time-intensive process! I would never have the hand-eye coordination, the skill or the patience to make lace.





After the fair, we went shopping for a few birthday presents, and, like every year for my birthday since I married Bryant, I picked out a new CD. I always try to find one that I like, but that I'd like to introduce to Bryant. Last year was a success with the She and Him albums, so this year I got Mumford and Sons, and Bryant and I have been listening to it non-stop all week!

That night we cuddled up and watched the BYU vs. Utah game. I'm not even going to say anything about that... Other than it was sad.

Sunday we got up and made it to church late because Savannah had had a diaper blowout, then decided to roll ALL over her crib. So needless to say, I spent my morning cleaning her, her crib, and throwing her sheets and jammies in the wash and giving her a bath (after I had given her one the night before.) What a stinker!

Church was great, and I met two other moms there who invited Savannah and I over for a play date (which we went to today. Major success!). I have been dying to make some new friends, and they seemed really great!

That afternoon Bryant and I went out for a motorcycle ride, and came home to my mom having the kitchen all decorated! My grandparents, aunt and her husband and kids came over for dinner and cake and ice cream. It was a great way to celebrate my birthday!
(Yes, those are cake-pops on my cake! So Yummy!!!)



2 comments:

  1. Those photos of Bryant and Savannah are too cute. I really like Bryant's glasses. They seem very Mad Men chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks! Believe it or not, those aren't real glasses. We bought them for a Halloween costume a couple of years ago and its kind of a little joke we have to wear them around the house. They had been sitting on our coffee table that morning so Bryant put them on. But boy does he look sexy in those things! I secretly wish his eyesight goes bad so he's forced to get glasses!

    ReplyDelete