Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

In Which Savannah Goes to the Zoo!

Labor day is a joke. 
I'll start off with that.

Every year, Bryant and I have to work. And this year was no exception.
In fact, Bryant took an extra shift so literally, the only time I saw him was as I drove him to work, when I picked him up, and he dropped me off at my work, and then when he came to pick me up when I got off. We knew labor day would be busy for us, when the rest of the working world (ok, not the rest of the working world, just the government working world...) would be vacationing and having BBQs and such. 

So Sunday morning, we woke up and as we were sitting on the couch eating pizza for breakfast (cause we are cool enough to not have a table, plus, who doesn't eat pizza for breakfast? Sheesh!) I turned to Bryant and said "Lets take Savannah to the zoo today!" So it was in the car we went!




 (Measuring up!)

We had so much fun! It was a LOT hotter out than I thought it would be and poor Savy was sweating in her stroller, so we carried her a lot, which made for a hot, sweaty momma. But she never once got fussy or bored! She wasn't as interested in the animals as I thought she would be, she was more interested in all the other kids running around, and Bryant's green apple ice cream, which she basically smashed her face into because she was couldn't wait another second to taste it!




 (Poor elephants! And I thought 9 months and a 7.5lb baby was a lot!)

However, she DID like all of the monkeys, I think because they were jumping all over the place (sort of like her! ) and for some reason, she really liked these animals (can't remember what they are called ) that looked like mini kangaroos. They didn't even move, but she was fascinated by them!





After the zoo, we decided to head to the Gateway and do a bit of window shopping, and then on the way home we picked up some cheesecake to take home for dinner (you know, cause if you have pizza for breakfast, you need cheesecake for dinner... right?)
We were exhausted by the time we got home. The sun and all the walking (and un-healthy food, I'm sure) had really gotten to us and we were wiped out, but blissfully happy! As we were walking back to the car, Bryant was holding Savy and she sleepily look up at him, grabbed his cheeks and just started laughing like he was the funniest thing she had ever seen! I can't even begin to describe how hilariously cute this was! She was "sun drunk" as Bryant called it.



I think I really like being "Sun drunk"...


No comments:

Post a Comment