Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Savy's Baby Blessing

I am so far behind on blog posts and I have a feeling that it's going to take me a while to catch up. Savy is becoming a lot more active and she gets bored easily so we are getting to the stage where she doesn't like to just quietly sit or snuggle. We are constantly playing and having fun, which doesn't leave a lot of time to get anything done. But she's currently watching the magic school bus, which will give me about 15 minutes of free time.

I want to cover everything we did on our trip to Mt. Shasta, California last week, but it would be a super long post and I just don't have the time, so I'll break our week up into individual posts, so keep an eye out for them.

We started out by getting up at 3:30am on Friday morning and getting everything packed and a few jobs done before we got on the road at 6:00am. It's usually a 12 hour drive, with about an hour for bathroom breaks and food stops, but we had a big group (my grandparents, sister, parents, Bryant, and of course, a 3 month old wiggle-worm.) and we ended up rolling into Mt. Shasta around 9:00pm California time, which means it was a 16 hour drive. I was nervous about driving that long with a baby, but Savannah was an angel and didn't shed a single tear! It was a piece of cake!

Saturday, Bryant went golfing with his dad and two brothers while everyone else slept in. When they got back, we all headed downtown to enjoy the food and booth vendors. Bryant brought me a beautiful floral print summer dress and we ate some good Mexican food (but it took them an hour to bring us 1 burrito and some chips)


Waiting for some Mexican food with Grandpa Peacock


Even though it took them an hour, the shade was nice.

The next day was Sunday, and it was the whole reason we were out there; Savannah's baby blessing. She was so beautiful and Bryant did an amazing job!

She was starving after church so she wasn't happy that we were taking a lot of pictures instead of feeding her.


Savannah with her great-grandma Donna Stokes (Don't you love the bonnet? I think it's so vintage!)

It was great to have my parents and sister, my grandparents, Bryant's parents, two borthers, sister and grandma there! I was so happy to have everyone together to be at Savannah's blessing!

That afternoon, we had a BBQ with everyone and a few of my in-laws neighbors. My father-in-law Ed makes amazing tri-tip! And that night, we all got our game on and played some garbage!

Ok, Magic school bus is over, so Savannah and I are off to go read a book. More posts soon to come! (And some more photos of Savy in her dress. I just need to get them off Bryant's camera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment