Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mt. Shasta Part 3

So we last left off after Mt. Shasta's 4th of July parade and an afternoon BBQ.

That evening, we headed out to the golf course, where everyone one goes to watch the fireworks that are shot off from the lake. We got there 2 hours early, and so did the whole town, It was really different from a Utah fireworks show. Here, everyone goes, finds a spot with their families and keeps to themselves. In Mt. Shasta, everyone mixed and mingled and talked with neighbors and friends. I think nearly every kid in my mother-in-laws class came to tell her hi! 


Bryant had fun carrying his daughter around and showing her off to all his old high school buddies.

My favorite girl, my favorite boy, and one of my favorite mountains behind them!
After we went and said hi to half of Mt. Shasta, we settled down and waited for the fireworks to begin.


Savannah fell asleep briefly before the fireworks, but woke up just in time to see them all.


My dad Lance, my grandma Cynthia, and my grandpa Ted.


My mother-in-law Robyn, my Mom Anna, my sister Sage, and my father-in-law Ed.


My Sister-in-laws roommate Katy (who I want to hire to clean my house and babysit. I told her I'd pay her in chocolate moose bars. Too bad she lives in Idaho...) My sister-in-law Chantel, and Bryant and Savy.

The fireworks were awesome! I had been worried for weeks that Savannah wouldn't like the noise. In fact, after the Orem Summerfest Parade, we left before the fireworks, and at the Orem Owlz opening game, we left before their fireworks too. I don't know what I was so worried about. Savannah screamed and yelled excitedly (not scared yells) and chatted and kicked her little legs in excitement. She was completely focused on the fireworks and loved them! I'd call Savy's first fireworks event a total success!

Ok, thats all for now. I promise I only have one more post left before our Mt. Shasta 4th of July/baby blessing trip is completely covered (and it's only July 13th now, Sheesh!). Hopefully I can get it done tonight because I have to work the next few days (and one day I have to go in twice.) So if not tonight, possibly next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment