Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Watch out, she kicks and spits!

I can't believe it. My baby girl is 4 months old!

I took her to the doctor today and it was so weird, sitting there holding her and realizing that the last time we were in there (for her 2 month check up) she was just barely trying to hold her head up and now, she was standing on my knees (with help, of course) checking out everything in the office and grabbing handfuls of my hair to munch on. 
 
 (Wearing her onesie from her aunt Chantel!)
 
She's growing and developing so much and so fast,

The doctor visit went fantastic! She is right on track for every milestone and super healthy and happy. She even gave her pediatrician a great big gummy smile when he walked in.
 
 
She now weighs 12lbs 10oz (30th percentile)
She's 23 3/4th inches long (28th percentile, a HUGE difference from 75th last time.)
and her head circumference is 41cm, (46th percentile)
 
 

I discussed starting her on solid foods with her doctor. I've been giving her rice cereal once a day and she loves it, and he said that between rice cereal, formula and breast milk, she was getting great nutrition and said I could even puree my own vegetables and fruit to give her, which is what I was planning on doing anyways.


She did really well with her vaccines this time. She only got two in her leg instead of 3 and the first one didn't even phase her. But after the second one, she looked straight at the nurse with a worried look, then at me and began to cry. But as soon as I picked her up, she stopped. Literally 5 seconds of tears. She was such a brave little girl!
 
 

She is really starting to become a lot of fun, but also a lot more work. She now can roll over tummy to back, and she tries really hard to roll from back to stomach. She has gotten a lot more control over her hands, which means that everything goes in her mouth. And by everything, I mean toys, fingers, my hair, her toes, everything. It really frustrates her because I will put a pacifier in her mouth and she will pull it out, then try to put in back in but she can never get it back the right way, and she will hold onto her bottle and pull it out and try to put it back in, but gets milk all over her face.


She smiles and everyone and everything, and her favorite thing to do it make spitting noises until drool soaks her clothes. She's also started giggling, but Bryant and my dad seem to be the only ones that can really get her going (although, I once was eating a sandwich and every bite I took, she giggled. Crazy kid.) She's also started yelling. No, not because she's mad or upset, she just likes yelling. She can sit and yell and yell and yell and be happy as a clam!
 
 

She never likes laying down or even sitting, she is happiest when you pull her up on her feet and she will stand all day long as long as you hold her arms or waist. She's gotten such chunky legs lately that I was surprised she was only 12 lbs 10oz!
 
 

Her personality is starting to become evident. She's always happy, she's interested and curious about everything and she is a go-er! She doesn't like sitting still and it frustrates her that she can't go anywhere on her own yet. She's going to be hard to keep track of once she's crawling!

(first time eating rice cereal. She was mad because I wasn't feeding it to her fast enough!)

Savy! Slow down on the growing will ya? Mom can't keep up!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that time did go fast! It always seems like the whole first year does. Looks like she's getting to that fun age! I love 4 months to a year, when they're doing new stuff everyday, but not getting into too much trouble yet.
    That shirt that Chantel gave her is so funny.

    ReplyDelete