Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mt. Shasta Part 4: Our last day

So I'm finally getting around to finishing up my posts on our Mt. Shasta trip (you know, that was only a few weeks ago.)


The last day we were there, my grandparents and sister left for Washington, My brother-in-law and sister-in-law had to leave to go back to school, my other brother-in-law and his wife had to get back to Sacramento for work and Bryant's Grandma Donna had to go back home too. So it was just us, my parents and my mother and father-in-law. 

My family spent the day with Bryant's parents on a personal tour of Mt. Shasta and the surrounding towns. We started out by hiking to Edge Creek Falls. Savannah loved the waterfall!




Sorry for the dark pictures. All the trees and rocks didn't allow for good lighting.

My parents
Other stops on our tour: Castle Craig (I think thats what it was called), the town of Dunsmuir, and the base of Mt. Shasta itself.


I don't know how we ended up in a V-formation...


We even got to watch a rescue helicopter land! Apparently, a guy got separated from his group and lost for 10 hours. I'm not so sure he was actually lost because I heard him excitedly telling the rescue squad "I know it was just an afternoon hike, but I packed food for 3 days because I know that an average rescue takes 3 days!" Either he wasn't really lost, or he was super-prepared...

That night, we all went out to eat at a nice restaurant, where we ate out on the deck and enjoyed the summer evening. I really didn't want to leave. Mt. Shasta is so beautiful and I love Bryant's family, and I love seeing how happy he is there, and his love for his hometown and the people that are in it.
I miss you Ed, Robyn, and Mt. Shasta (and yes, even you crazy hippie people who live there as well...)

We will hopefully be back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment