Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Mt. Shasta, Part 2: 4th of July!

Welcome to part 2 of the Stokes/Peacock Mt. Shasta, California 4th of July/Savannah's blessing trip!
Last post, I wrote about our first day in Mt. Shasta and I forgot to post a few photos from that day, so here they are!

Savannah having fun with her Aunt Chantel!



That night, Bryant, my parents and grandparents and I went out to eat at "Say Cheese" pizza.
Bryant was intently watching a kung-fu movie

I covered Sunday and Savannah's baby blessing in the last post, so I'll move on to the 4th of July!

That morning, Savannah and I accidentally slept in, while Bryant, his brothers and dad were out playing golf again, and my Mom and my mother-in-law handed out water to the 5K runners that pass by their house.

We then packed up and headed down town to watch the parade.
It's a small parade, mostly consisting of fire trucks, motorcycles and gypsies (they had a sign stating that they were "certified" gypsies. I want to know who certifies gypsies, and if becoming a "certified" gypsy, automatically disqualifies you as being a real gypsy... Just sayin'...) But it was fun and the whole town (and all the neighboring towns) came out to watch!



We had the perfect shady spot in front of an organic grocery store, which my dad went into and bought everyone organic sodas, organic peanut butter malt balls and organic yogurt covered pretzels. I had no idea they even made organic stuff like that. They actually all tasted great! But I could never live off of an all-organic diet because it's so dang expensive! Which is weird, seeing as how you're not paying for the use of pesticides or preservatives. But I guess this stuff doesn't have a long shelf life and driving it on from somewhere far costs quite a bit...

 My organic "new century" cola. It tasted kind of nutty.


Savannah in her 4th of July outfit (and blowing bubbles)


She was so cute that during the parade, I had several people come up and ask to take a picture of her!
After the parade, we went shopping on main street, and my dad found a hippie-type shop and he bought me a bracelet with elephants on it (one of my favorite animals) and a yak-bone bracelet.

That afternoon we had a BBQ with the neighbors where my father-in-law made his awesome tri-tip!

Ok, that's all the time I have for this update, so I'll write about the fireworks later (hopefully tomorrow).
Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment