Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Our Anniversary Weekend

Today is Bryant and I's 2nd anniversary.
We had gone to Disney World for our honeymoon and Disneyland for our 1st anniversary, and we kind of wanted to go again for this anniversary and make it a yearly thing. But, I just didn't think I could have left Savannah for that long since she is only 2 months old.

So instead, we decided to stick close to home and spend the weekend in Salt Lake.

We left yesterday afternoon and stopped at the Jordan Commons megaplex theaters, where we had lunch and watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I though it was a pretty good movie. I actually liked it better than the last 2, and I thought it was a lot funnier.
After the movie, we headed up near Sugarhouse and checked into The Parish Place, which is a cute little bed and breakfast. 





We booked the "Daybreak" room, which was a Victorian/garden theme. It was really cute and cozy and we loved it! 

(this was the lamp behind the bed. Love it!)
 

We then got all dressed up and headed to Temple Square and walked around for a while and enjoyed all the tulips. We even did a tour of the Beehive House. 



Then, Bryant surprised me by taking me to the Roof for dinner! And to make it an even bigger surprise, there was a bouquet of roses waiting for me on the table! Bryant always spoils me too much. 



We got the perfect table. We were right next to the window and had an amazing view of the sunset behind the temple on one side, and the evening light hitting the capitol building on the other. 

The food was amazing! My two favorites were the top sirloin in a spicy peanut sauce and chicken in apple curry. The best part was the dessert! They had every type of dessert you can think of out and we went up and got 4 or 5 different things to try. We spent a good 2 hours there, talking, enjoying the view and eating to our hearts content.

This morning, we slept in (something we don't get to do with a baby anymore) and outside our door was a basket with bowls, cups, silverware, a jar of milk and a jar of orange juice, yogurt, fruit, muffins and granola. We enjoyed our breakfast at the cute little table next to the giant windows in our room, in the comfy bathrobes they provided. 

(my beautiful roses!)
(There was even this cute moose to greet us! I wish I could have kept him.)


It was a fun, relaxing and romantic weekend. 

I am so lucky to have Bryant in my life. I love him more than anything.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome you guys get to do such big things on your anniversary each year! Our anniversary is really close to Christmas,so we never have any money to do much. I love your picture of the roses and the temple, it's awesome!
    Was it weird in that b&b having the toilet and bathroom stuff all open like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was thinking! I didn't notice the toilet out in the open the first time I saw this post, I wouldn't like that at all. Otherwise, the room looks really nice. We're going away to a b&b in Louisiana for four days as a "babymoon" before the baby comes. Hopefully we'll have fun like you guys did. :)

    ReplyDelete