Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

My own little Dr. Doolittle

It's been sort of a crazy couple of weeks.
I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not already (you think forgetfulness is bad when you're pregnant, try remembering things when you've got a 7, almost 8 week old. And I have a feeling it's only going to get worse...) but we had a bit of a mold problem in our wall. We had to have the wall opened up, the floor torn up and a giant plastic containment all over Savy J's nursery for a couple of weeks while they removed the mold, rebuilt the wall, then repainted everything. Then, we had to wait another 3 or 4 days while my uncle put down new carpet (we used to have wood floors in the nursery, but now that it's a nursery, we thought carpet would be better.)

So that meant that everything that was in that room, including her crib, plus some of the stuff from my parents Christmas closet was in my kitchen and bedroom the whole time. Mind you, we live in a 500sq ft apartment, which means that my space was basically cut in half. 

I didn't cook, clean, do laundry or anything for almost three weeks. 

I was going crazy.

I can deal with a mess for a while, but after a few days, I was feeling cramped so I spent a lot of time in my parents living room. Anyways, it's all done and I'm finally getting everything back in place. I was even able to get to my sink and do the dishes yesterday!

Anyways, I also decided to work on my garden as part of my re-organization project. Just get everything done, including outside. Even though we live in a basement apartment, I do have a little patch of dirt outside my door, and unfortunately, it's been sitting there for the last 2 years. I attempted to get it planted last spring, but I could never seem to weed the whole thing. I'd get started on one side, then not have time to get back to it for a week, then have to start all over.

This year, I forced Bryant to come help, then, the little neighbor kids came over and asked if they could help. So of course I let them! Needless to say, we got that weedy patch done in half an hour! Then yesterday, I planted the whole thing.

Because it was so nice over the weekend, I helped my parents get their flowers planted too. Savannah even came out for a bit.


I felt like a horrible Mom because it was really cloudy, so I didn't think to put an umbrella over her for about 10 minutes. Then I remembered that you can still get sunburned during an overcast sky, but I was too late. The poor thing got a bit red on her cheeks and nose! But it was good that I put the umbrella up because it started to drizzle a bit later.

Savannah is growing so fast! My dad and I took out a tape measure the other day and she's grown another 2 inches! That's 4 and a half inches in 7 weeks! She is teetering on the edge of not fitting into 3 month clothing, and we've started pulling out the 6 month. They are so wide on her, but she's so darn long that they are all that fit! 

I was curious to see how much she weighs so I stood on the scale, weighed myself, Then held her while I stood on the scale and noted the difference. It said that she was 11pounds, I'm not sure how accurate that it, but we go into the doctor this week so we will find out for sure.









A 49ers fan! She takes after her Daddy...

It's crazy how much she has progressed. It's so fast that there are new things I notice every day. Like just this week, she's started smiling. She smiled in her sleep from the first few days she was born, but now she smiles AT people. The doctor calls it "socially smiling" which isn't the same as a sleepy smile, or a gassy smile. 

She's also started to "talk" more. She makes the cutest cooing sounds. I think she's trying to make animal sounds I swear. She growls like a bear when she's stretching, coos like a morning dove when she's content, and screeches like a hawk when she's excited. Let's not forget she has monkey toes! She's my very own Dr. Doolittle.

She's also getting really good at holding her head up! We stuck her in her bumbo chair to see how she would do. She sat straight up for about 30 seconds, then slowly started to lean over. She can also keep her head level when you pull her up. She's so stinkin' strong! (She had better be after months of using my bladder as a punching bag!) And she never stops moving unless she's asleep. She kicks her legs and windmills her arms constantly. I'm going to have a rough time on my hands when she can start to crawl and walk!

She's a cuddler too. She's happiest when you just hold her tight. My favorite is when you lay her on your chest, she will lift her head and look around for a bit, then eventually turn and lay her head down, then wiggle her way up beneath your chin. So cute! It melts my heart.

(She had wiggled her arm out of her PJ's)

I'm the luckiest Mom in the world don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment