Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My First Mother's Day!

Wow, after 3 days I finally have time to write about my first Mother's Day!

Savy is peacefully sleeping in her swing, despite the loud noises coming from the stairs that my uncle is re-carpeting (whish I could say the same for me. I've had a headache since yesterday that just wont go away and the noise isn't helping!)



My first Mother's Day was fantastic! We started it off with church, in which we almost made it on time (for once) I've got to start getting up just 15 minutes earlier because it seems something always comes up, like a sudden diaper blow out not 15 seconds after I changed the last one, or we've got a missing binky, or spit-up all over her 3rd outfit that morning. Ok, maybe I should plan on waking up an extra half-hour on Sundays...

After Church, my whole family drove down to the cemetary to visit my Grandma's grave. Mother's Day is a little bit hard when I realize I can't hug her and wish her a Happy Mother's Day. I like to think that when Savannah is smiling in her sleep, she's remembering her Great-Grandma.

After our visit, we all needed a little pick-me-up so we stopped at a McDonalds for cokes and jokes, and we were all feeling a bit better. Bryant couldn't wait to give me my Mother's Day present so he decided to give it to me there instead of waiting until we got home. My parents and Bryant all went in together and got me this!

It's a glider chair for the nursury! I've wanted one of these since I found out I was pregnant! Bryant gave me a card with a picture of one in it, then I wen't online and picked out the one I wanted. I love it, and so does Savy J!

Later that afternoon, we went over to my Uncle Russle's house for dinner and dessert. Then, Bryant took me out to see a movie (Thor) and my parents babysat so we could get some time to ourselves.

When we got home, my parents gave me a watch and a mouse pad with Savannah's pictures on them (so cute!)


My brother Sawyer also picked out the Zac Brown CD for me!

And lets not forget the beautiful tulips my in-laws sent me!


Ed and Robyn really spoil me. Arent they gorgeous!?

I feel so lucky to be a Mom. It's a role in my life that is new, and scary, and stressful, exciting, and fun all at once. Savannah is an absolute doll and I'm proud to be her mother and I can't wait to bring her brothers and/or sisters into this world and be their mother too. Loving and caring for a child feels like the most natual and rewarding thing in the world and I'm loving every minute of it!



I am so grateful for my Mother. Without her, I dont think Savannah would be very happy. I'm so grateful to have her here to give me advice and encouragement. She's been here to tell me "no, thats normal honey," and "it's ok, new mom's make mistakes," and "you know, it's ok to feel so tired and overwhelmed sometimes." and even a few "I told you so's" thrown in there.

She's always been an amazing Mom and she's now an amazing Grandmother. Savy and I are so lucky to have her.

And I'm so grateful for my mother-in-law Robyn. She is an amazing example to everyone and the sweetest person you'll ever meet. I know she's an incredible mother because she raised my husband to be an incredible man.

Thank you Mom and Robyn. I love you both so much!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment