Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spare Time

I knew having a baby would be time consuming, I just didn't realize that having a baby who sleeps 95% of the day would be so time consuming!



I guess it's because when she's sleeping, I'm sleeping. Yesterday, I was able to get a load of laundry done. And today, I was able to get in the shower before 4pm and right now Savannah is quietly sleeping in her swing and making adorable cooing noises (and some not so adorable noises that indicate I will be changing a diaper fairly soon...) which allows me some time for a coke and to crank out a new post.



Savy J is about a week and a half old and everything is still going great! I'm feeling pretty confident that her jaundice is pretty much gone. Her body is no longer yellow, she's eating better and she's finally waking up every 2-3 hours on her own, rather than me spending a half hour at a time trying to wake her up to eat.

She sleeps really well at night, usually getting up twice between midnight at 8am to eat. The only problem we have with bedtime is that she hates sleeping in her bassinet. She will be sound asleep and as soon as we lay her down in it she starts to fuss and cry. Then, as soon as I lay her between Bryant and I, she's out cold. I have been able to get her to sleep a bit during the day in her bassinet, so hopefully, she can make the transition. I know I should just put her in there and let her cry it out for a couple of nights, but by that time, Bryant and I are exhausted and just don't want to deal with it (I know, we are terrible).

I also have trouble keeping her on her back. She loves to sleep on her side and is strong enough already that she will roll onto her side as soon as I lay her down. So I spend the first 20 minutes of her being asleep, rolling her back onto her back. She even tries to roll in her swing, which is harder for her to do and she gets really frustrated.


She's amazingly strong for a newborn. She can already lift her head up and hold it up when you put her on her tummy. She also tries to look at whoever is talking in a room. The other night, my Dad was holding her and I was sitting on the opposite side of the couch and Bryant was sitting across the room and when we were talking she kept moving her head to see me or her daddy.

They also say babies don't smile until they are a few months old, but I have one happy baby. She grins mostly in her sleep and it's unbelievably adorable! I can't get over how cute those gummy smiles are! Today, she was trying so hard to wake up from a nap and her eyes kept fluttering, then she's give me a big old smile. I really need to keep my camera handy for those moments.

She's also been really fussy when she's awake and she's had a lot more dirty diapers than normal so I think she's having a bit of tummy trouble. We go in tomorrow for her 2 week checkup so I'll be sure to mention it to the doctor.

So that's all for now. I think I need to go change that diaper...









No comments:

Post a Comment