Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

3 Weeks

I decided to do another update on Savannah for her grandparents since shes growing so fast!

(In her bonnet and booties Aunt Kimber and Uncle Clark sent her! The dress was mine when I was a baby that my aunt Lynae made. They match perfectly!)

Friday she was 3 weeks, which means she will be a month old this week! It's weird because some days, it seems like time has gone by so fast, and others, it feels like I've been a Mom forever. 

(She's the cutest thumb sucker in the world!)

She's changing every day and she's learning more and more everyday too. She recognizes mine and Bryant's voices and I love when Bryant comes home and she can hear him talking in the kitchen and she will start moving her head and eyes around looking for him.

She's really good at focusing on things, especially your face. Her favorite things to look at are lights, windows, faces, TV's and the wall above my bed where I have black and white photos hanging up.



She is getting more and more smiley, but usually only when she's asleep, or falling asleep. I've even got a small giggle out of her 3 or 4 times when she was asleep.

We are starting to get a bit of a routine established, and she's finally switching her days and nights. During the day, she will be awake anywhere from 1-4 hours at a time, as opposed to just last week when she would only be awake for an hour at most. She's also sleeping much better at night. She usually wakes up at 4 and again at 8 and I change her, feed her and then she has no problem settling down back to sleep. This is really nice because I get a fairly decent nights sleep and she wakes up on her own now, rather than me setting my alarm every few hours, then struggling to wake her up and keep her awake long enough to eat.



She still doesn't like to sleep alone. Even just laying her down anywhere other than my bed or her swing and she immediately wakes up and starts fussing. We'll get it eventually.

She's been growing a ton! She's definitely a lot longer than she was even a week ago and I can tell just from holding her that she's steadily gaining weight. I'm interested to see how much she's grown at her next appointment!
Overall, she's a happy, healthy baby and we love her to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment