Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

It was such a busy, crazy and slightly stressful weekend (as you can tell, seeing as it's Tuesday and I'm just barely getting around to writing about it.)

Saturday, I went to my Grandpa's wedding.

That was probably the most stressful day. Not only am I not a fan of his new wife and her family (they are a little rude and she wanted her whole family involved in the wedding, but none of my family. But in the spirit of Easter, that's all I'm going to say about that before I run my mouth).

I think that I was stressed because Bryant had to work and this was going to be Savannah's first big day out, and I was worried that Murphy's law was going to work in full force, everything that could go wrong, would, and I wouldn't have Bryant there to help.

I don't know what I was so worried about, seeing as I have the best baby ever. She slept the entire ceremony, only waking up twice to eat, once before the ceremony (and I chose the mothers room downstairs that my grandpa's wife decided to use to change. That was a little gross...) and once after the ceremony when they were throwing the garter (I'd seen too much 85 year old leg that day. Thank you Savy for being conveniently hungry at that moment) And we only had one accident where when I went to change her, she piddled all over her new dress. But 10 points for me for bringing a change of clothes for her!

The afternoon went decidedly better, my family went out to eat with a few of my aunts and uncles and cousins at a yummy little Mexican restaurant.


(My Brother Colter with little miss Savy J)
(My Uncle Blaine)

That night, we were all a little drained and needed to unwind. My parents introduced me to the book Water for Elephants a few years ago and it's one of my favorites, so my parents, my Brother Sawyer and I decided to go see it. Bryant didn't want to come so he and his brother Tyler, who was staying with us for the weekend, decided to stay home and babysit (and play video games haha!). I was worried the movie was going to slaughter the book, but it was actually really good! Maybe I can convince Bryant to go see it with me when It goes to the dollar theater.

Sunday, of course, was Easter! We all got up pretty early since we have church at 9, and did Easter baskets.

Little Savannah definitely got spoiled.


I got her a rattle, some pacifiers, the movie The Incredibe Mr. Limpet (If you've never seen this movie, you should, it's super cute!) and a couple of outfits. I had a few newborn outfits for her and a lot of 6-9 months clothes, but very few 3-6 month and she's getting so long that we needed some more! They are all really wide on her since she's still really skinny, but at the rate she's growing she's going to need a whole new wardrobe soon! Ahh!

 (Savannah in her Easter dress!)

After Easter baskets, we got ready for Savannah's first day at church! I decided to only take her to class and relief society because I didn't want her in Sacrament with all the kids, since RSV is still lingering around. Plus, she's been cluster feeding the last week and 3 hours is a long time for her not to eat.


She did really good at church too and slept the entire time. (Also, after being in the ward for 2 years and having maybe 5 people ever say Hi to me, I bring a baby to church and suddenly I'm noticeable! Geeze, I should have had a baby ages ago! hahaha)
After church, Bryant and Tyler went back to their video games so Savannah and I spent the afternoon cuddling up for a long nap. That evening, my Mom made us a big turkey dinner (I made the rolls, but they ended up being rock hard. I'm not sure where I went wrong...)
And then that night my grandparents stopped by to bring us some cupcakes!

So it was definitely a crazy weekend! But Easter is always special to me. I know that without Christ's atonement, I wouldn't stand a chance. Because of him, I get to be with Bryant and Savannah for the rest of eternity. I owe him everything and I am so grateful for his sacrifice and love for everyone. Even for little old me. I know that every heart ache, every pain, every moment of suffering I've gone through, he's felt and experienced for me.

I Hope you all had a great Easter weekend!


1 comment: