Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

2 Weeks!

It's Savannah's nap time.
(Well, most of the day is her nap time, but I'm saying it's now because it's really MY nap time)
So this post will be short and sweet (hopefully).

Today, she is 2 weeks old! I can't believe how much she has changed in just these two weeks. It's also amazing how I feel so comfortable being a Mom these days. I though it would take a lot of adjusting, and for certain things, like planning when to take a shower or getting around to making lunch or getting a half hour in just to run to the bank and the store, it has taken some major adjusting.

But the truth is, I feel like I was made to be a Mom and I couldn't be happier.

Anyways, we went in for her 2 week checkup yesterday morning and everything looks great!

(Savy J with her Grandma)

She is now 7lbs 6 oz (25th percentile)
20 1/2 inches (75th percentile)
and I can't remember her head circumference and I'm too lazy to go get the paper that they wrote it down on, but I do remember that it was in the 50th percentile.

So she's 2oz shy of her birth weight and the doctor said that was perfect considering she is mostly breastfed (we still supplement once or twice a day with formula if she seems extra hungry) and she's grown 2 1/2 inches in just 2 weeks! So when she was born, she was short and chubby, and now she's long and skinny.

The doctor said he was impressed with how good she was doing. He said most babies are in a "chaotic stage" the first 4 weeks and tend to flail around and cry at every little thing, but that she was already in the "quiet alert" stage where she could sit and be observant, and most babies don't get to that stage until 4-6 weeks.

He was also impressed with how well she could lift her head, coo, and smile, which are also things babies don't normally do until 4-6 weeks.

Overall, we have one healthy, happy baby.

(now I know why people brag about their kids...)

Also, last night my parents were gracious enough to babysit for a couple hours while Bryant and I ran to the mall. We decided to stop at Kay jewelers to get my wedding ring re-sized. Now that all my pregnancy swelling is gone, I went to put it on and it was so close to fitting but not quite. I know I have some weight to lose still, but its been about 4 or 5 months since I could wear my ring and I get it re-sized for free anytime I want, so I figured I might as well do it now, then hopefully in a few months I can lose a bit more of this pregnancy weight and I can always size it back if I need too.

Once we dropped my ring off, we decided to walk around the mall (the Disney store is so much fun when you have a little girl to buy things for) but unfortunately, we realized we were broke (payday is today! woo!) and Bryant's not much of a window shopper, so we plopped down on a bench and just talked for about an hour.

I did, however, find a 10 dollar bill in my back pocket that was just screaming to be used to buy shakes. So we ended up at Iceberg on our way home.

It was a short date, but nice to get out.

And I'm pretty sure my parents had a great night with Savannah.




No comments:

Post a Comment