Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baby Number 2 is...

Today was our long-awaited ultrasound! I've been waiting for this day for a loooooong time. 
It was in the afternoon, which made me antsy and anxious all day long. But we made it!

We brought Savannah with us, who had no idea what was going on, and just kept saying "oh cool!" to everything the doctor pointed out. After a while, she began to get worried about me, and she came over and held my hand. It was so sweet of her.

Then, the big announcement came:

Baby number 2 is a.....

(profile)

BOY!!!

We are SO excited! I would have been perfectly happy with either. I wanted a girl because my sister and I are 11 years apart and I always wished I had a sister while growing up, but I also wanted a boy because I want the experience of raising a boy plus their personalities are so different from girls. I just think it will be so fun to have the opportunity to raise both a boy and a girl!

 (eyes, lips and nose)

I'm also excited because I love buying Savannah clothes, and I'm excited to explore the world of little boy clothes. I have been itching all day to do some shopping! The nice thing is, I bought a lot of the big stuff that you need for a baby in gender neutral colors, so they will work for a boy too, so all I really need are clothes! 

And I have spent way too much time today on pinterest looking for nursery ideas. I actually want to re-do both Savannah's and the baby's room, so I have been having way too much fun browsing for ideas!

 (view of the head and face from a top-angle)

(Spine)

I had a really strong feeling this baby would be a boy. I first had my suspicions with how different this pregnancy has been. I have been so sick, and my body is so tired all the time. Much more so than when I was pregnant with Savy. But I also had this feeling that it was a boy. Anytime I pictured Savannah meeting the baby for the first time, I would picture him as a boy. I don't know, maybe it was a weird maternal instinct thing?

(arm, with the hand and fingers on the right)

Anyways, the ultrasound looked really good. Everything is where it should be, and growing right on track! The doctor said he was measuring about the 39th percentile, so he will be like Savannah was when she was born, but his measurements put him within a day or 2 of his due date, so he is perfect! He's breech right now (which I already knew because this kid kicks me in the bladder all day long...) but he said not to worry because we still have a long way to go, and most babies turn themselves the last month. (Savannah was in position for months. And she dropped about a month before she was born. She was just as ready to be born as I was wanting her to be!)

 (this one is self-explanatory...)

The hardest thing to do now will be to decide a name. I'm super picky with names, especially boys names. I want all my kids to have unique names, without them being "weird". At least I have 19 more weeks to figure one out! So if anyone has a suggestion, feel free to let me know!

(foot. It's really fuzzy in the picture, you can see it better on the DVD)

In other pregnancy news, I finally packed on a few pounds. 3 to be exact! I still think it's weird that in 21 weeks of pregnancy, I've only gained a total of 4 pounds, yet my stomach is HUGE! Granted, I'm only 3 pounds away from what I weighed when I was 39 weeks pregnant last time. Which I'm a bit ashamed to admit... Also, I have to do my glucose test next month. Yuck. If anything makes you never want to drink a sugary drink again, it's the glucose test...

My sciatic nerve has actually been feeling a bit better, but my lower back and hips always hurt. I've been doing yoga, and making Bryant give me a massage every single night, and that seems to help.

I'm still having super weird dreams. But thankfully, no nightmares, like I would get while pregnant with Savy. Most of the time, they are actually really awesome, and I'm sad when they end.

I'm also craving the most unhealthy food. For a while, I craved salads and melons. But lately, I've been craving anything fried. Grilled cheese sandwiches, corn dogs, onion rings, you name it! JCW's and I have become close friends these past few weeks. And the old pregnancy classic, ice cream. In fact, I made Bryant go out just to buy me ice cream this afternoon (he brought back doughnuts too. He knows me too well...) He's been such a good sport lately. He's really picked up the slack I've created in housework, and he deals with my hormone-induced mood swings like a champ. I love that boy.

I just can't stop looking at the ultrasound pictures. I'm so excited! 19 weeks and counting until we meet our little boy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited for you guys! Boys really are much different than girls. Isabelle is only 7 and you would think she was a hormonal teenager when you compare her personality with our boys. I was always kind of let down by the selection of boy vs. girl clothes. Girls can wear so many different things and boys pretty much wear variations of pants and shirts and that's it. (as opposed to skirts, dresses, skorts, headbands, etc..) But I'm used to it now. Our boys will only be like 4 weeks apart, so they can be friends at the family reunions! That will be nice, since my sister abandoned me this time so now for the first time we won't have babies the same age. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually telling Bryant the other night how excited I was that your baby will be so close in age to ours, and Jacob and Sally's boy is only a year older, they will be best friends at reunions!

      Delete