Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Best of My 2012

*This post has taken me DAYS to write! The joys of being a busy mommy...*

We had a pretty great year this past 12 months. I noticed a lot of other people were doing "highlights" of their year, so I thought I'd follow along and do my own!

March:

In early March, we traveled down to the State FFA convention to watch my brother Sawyer give a speech. It was a lot of fun!



We celebrated Savannah's 1st Birthday!




A few days later, we traveled down to Disneyland with Bryant's parents, brother Tyler, sister Chantel, his Aunt Sandy and his Uncle Steve. This was Savannah's 2nd trip in under a year!




In July, Bryant's parents came to visit, and we celebrated Independence Day!



We also had fun in Zion's National Park for the Macfarlane Family Reunion!





In August, we went to the Bushell Family Reunion!





We also attended our ward rodeo!



I also made the really tough decision to quit my job so that I could focus on being a better mom and a better, more focused student. Even though I miss my job and my friends a lot, I still think this was one of the best decisions I've ever made!

In September, we found out we were pregnant with baby #2!



In October, my parents moved and we decided to rent the top half of their old house from them. It's been so nice to have space! We not only have a real bedroom for Savannah, but we even have a spare bedroom! Well, for now... Baby #2 will be taking up that space in about 5 months. AND my kitchen and living room are two separate rooms! Wahoooo!

In December, we celebrated Christmas a little early with my family.




We celebrated my Dad's 50th Birthday by throwing him a surprise party!



And we traveled to California to visit Bryant's family for Christmas!




In between all of that, we had several play dates, fun at 7 peaks and the local pool, museums, movies, going out to dinner, and other fun things.

2012 has been really fun. It had it's moments where I was overwhelmed with school and work, but overall, the good moments definitely outweigh the bad.

I have very high hopes for 2013. I'm most looking forward to Savannah's 2nd birthday, my 4th anniversary, and this baby arriving (who may, or may not arrive on my anniversary!) 

I have no major resolutions this year. I looked back on last years post about my resolutions, and I found that I actually completed almost all of them. I was impressed with myself. But this year, I'm not going to promise myself anything big, like getting back into shape (I'm pregnant for goodness sake! I'm just going to get larger and larger over the first half of this year anyway.) or being super amazing at school (again, I'm a mother of a toddler and soon to be newborn.). I'm just going to make the resolution to do my very best. That's all I can expect from myself, and everything that my kids and my husband deserve.

Although, I would like to get the new baby's room painted... I guess I'll count that as a resolution.

So welcome 2013. So far, you're lookin' pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment