Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Our lazy weekend

Today is just one of those days.
The kind where I don't want to do anything.
I spent 7 hours straight running errands yesterday. I left the house at noon, and didn't get back until 7. I was exhausted.

And I'm still exhausted! I went to bed so sore and I think I fell asleep before I had time to take my glasses off. When Bryant came to bed, I woke up briefly and realized they were still on, took them off, then fell back asleep.

Toting around a highly energetic toddler and a big old belly was just too much for me I guess. 

(We went and bought her a potty seat to start potty training. She thought it was a steering wheel for a while, and I don't know exactly what she's doing right here...)

So today I am taking it easy. There are still a few errands I could run, but they aren't a priority. I have homework I could do, but I think I'll work on it after some lunch and a nap. There is cleaning to do, but I'm not expecting any company this weekend, so it's going to wait until Monday. 

It's 1:00pm and I'm not even in a rush to get Savannah in the bath and dressed. I have asked her repeatedly if she wants a tubby, which is normally one of her favorite parts of the day, and she just keeps telling me, "No! Bed! King!" Which means she wants to lay in her crib and watch the Lion King (her newest obsession. She crawls around the house growling, and pouncing).


This pregnancy feels so much harder on my body. I thought it would be easier because my body has already done it, but I'm just so sore and tired All. The. Time. By the beginning of the 2nd trimenster, I started getting my energy back and I was feeling great, other than some mild morning sickness and sciatic nerve pain. But once school started up again a couple of weeks ago, my energy level has gone back to 0. I'm back to needing a nap to get through the day, and if I don't get one, I'm crawling into bed by 9.

But I am loving how much this baby wiggles and kicks. Even when he/she kicks me in the bladder while I'm in class, which makes me hobble out of there as fast as my chubby, swollen legs can carry me. And we get to find out Tuesday what we are having! Any bets on what Baby Stokes will be?

 I was at Babies R Us yesterday and I decided to wander around the newborn clothes. It was making me so excited! I have been excited this whole pregnancy, but I think until now, I was so preoccupied with being sick, and juggling home, toddler, and school that I didn't give myself the time to really process that I'll have a tiny newborn in my arms in 4 1/2 months. It's just now been hitting me and I keep looking at pictures of Savannah as a baby and remembering those first few months and how amazing they were. It's really gotten me excited! I can't wait!



Anyways, I just thought I would pop in and write something, mostly because I'm stalling from going and blowdrying my hair... I'm so lazy sometimes.

Happy weekend everyone!

(P.S. My post-baby survival kit post had the most views I've ever had on this blog! And so many people pinned it on pinterest! I was amazed and feel so honored!)

2 comments:

  1. My second was the hardest for me as well. I was so awkward and uncomfortable, it was very different then the breezy first pregnancy I had. Luckily all the subsequent ones have been fine. I'm going to guess you're having a boy. ;)

    ReplyDelete