Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 11 of 30 Things

Day 11: What are 10 pet peeves you have?

1. When people (i.e. Bryant) breath on my face while sleeping. I have to face away from Bryant when I go to bed, because I hate breathing in other people's air. Even when I take a nap with Savannah, I have to make sure my face is well away from the direction of hers. I've been known (while pregnant the first time and I was constantly tossing and turning all night) to wake Bryant up and *kindly* ask him to roll over, away from me. It's nothing personal, I just don't like sharing air...

2. When you are having a conversation with someone and that someone doesn't make eye contact/texts/interrupts/ignores you while you are talking to them.

3. When people lovingly talk about their 10 cats, then, ask me to hold one of them "because they are just so sweet and you'll love him!" It's happened, on more than one occasion. Sorry to any cat lovers out there, but I'm allergic, and I'm a dog person.

4. When people ask me to cheat and do their homework for them, like that guy in my political science class... Stop please...

5. Solicitors, of any kind. No, I don't need my ceiling fan cleaned, or my lawn fertilized, I can do those myself. And no, I don't need my food delivered to me, or a new phone line, or your pamphlet on government conspiracies. But I did once have a Jehovah's witness hand me one of their pamphlets, along with a 5 dollar bill. Sneaky way of making me take your pamphlet, but kudos on being effective ;-)

6. When I take Savannah to any type of public place, such as a park, and she sees another kid and runs up to them and gives them a hug or holds their hand, then the other child's parent comes running and flailing to rip Savannah away from them. Then cart their kid off giving me the evil eye. For crying out loud Mom's! Your at a park, where there are LOTS of kids, and my child doesn't have rabies. Learn to let your kid be social!

7. This one goes back to when I was working at Barnes and Noble, but it still ranks in my top 10: When people say "Hi, I'm looking for a book..." Ok, because for a second there, I thought you were going to order lunch. Also, when people would say "I don't remember the title, or the author, or even what it's about, but they talked about it on the View this morning, and I think it either had a blue, or yellow cover..." Then proceed to get mad at you because you can't just type in "blue or possibly yellow book" into the search and find what they were looking for.

8. Bad spelling and punctuation. Sometimes, I'll get an e-mail, or see a facebook status that's 5 paragraphs long, with no punctuation AT ALL. It's just one giant run-on sentence. It drives me nuts!

9.  When I wake up because all the sheets are tangled and I'm stuck. Bryant claims it happens because I steal the blankets, but the truth is that he gets hot and piles them on top of me.

10. Wet socks. 'Nuff said...


1 comment: