Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

8 weeks, let the morning sickness begin!

I was going through some of my old blog posts from when I was pregnant with Savannah, and I decided that I should probably start documenting this pregnancy too. That's probably super annoying to all you who read my blog, but honestly, this is for my own records. So choose to read or not too!

Anyways, I am about 8 weeks along right now and already I can tell this pregnancy is a LOT different than the last one (signs that this one could be a boy?!?!)

The biggest differences are my energy level, morning sickness, and weight gain (oh joy...).

I have been so exhausted with this pregnancy. It's ridiculous. I'm usually crawling into bed an hour or two before Bryant does, which means he is now in charge of getting Savy ready for bed too, and I sleep for HOURS. Some nights, as much as 12 hours at a time! Last night I slept from 11:00pm to 10:30am. That's an insane amount of time! I wouldn't have even noticed that Bryant had gotten up for work if he didn't pat my leg and tell me goodbye. And naps. Oh boy, have I had a lot a naps. Savannah's nap time is usually my quiet time to catch up on homework, blogging, folding laundry, sometimes just eating a snack and catching up on T.V. shows. But almost every single afternoon, the second Savannah's asleep, I'm out before my head even hits the pillow. 

I've tried everything to get some energy back. I've tried going on brisk walks out in the chilly air. I've tried sleeping less because I know that sometimes, too much sleep can make people overly tired. I've tried getting more sleep. I've even tried adding a lot more iron into my diet, since I've had to deal with anemia for years and I know when my levels are low, my energy is low. Nothing has really helped. 

I've also been having really crazy dreams. I had horrible nightmares with Savannah, but this time, they usually involve something that resembles wonderland, and they usually don't make sense. Like my dream the other night involved ships that looked like power tools. So weird...

Last pregnancy, I was blessed with mild morning sickness that didn't show up until I was almost out of my first trimester. The other day I received a text from my relief society president asking how I was feeling and If I needed anything. I told her I felt amazing, other than being tired, and that I had no morning sickness at all, thinking It wouldn't show up for several more weeks, if at all.

That afternoon, I was eating pasta for lunch and after a few bites, I began to gag. I couldn't even finish it because it made me so sick! Thankfully, I haven't had to beeline it for the restroom yet, but my stomach is constantly uneasy. I can still drink milk, and brush my teeth without gagging, so that's a good sign at least...

Last time, I couldn't WAIT to start showing! I was so excited the day you could tell I was pregnant. This time around, not so much. I would be more excited if I was small to begin with, but I still have a pooch from my last pregnancy, and it's just gotten worse. I put on a pair of pants I wore all last winter yesterday, and I couldn't button them! It was so depressing! All through class, I was uncomfortable, I wanted to unzip them and relax, but that would have been weird... Then today, I put on my shorts, that have fit perfectly all summer and I could tell they were a bit more snug than normal. I didn't even need the belt! AHHHHHH!!!!! I had better be carrying twins or something. Otherwise, this is sad... Looks like I'll be doing maternity clothes shopping several months earlier than planned... as in like, tomorrow....

My mood has been terrible. I attribute this to all of the above. Tired, sick and chubby Brooke makes for a miserable attitude. I'm the luckiest woman alive to have the husband I do. Bryant is incredibly patient. He never gets mad at me when I'm yelling at him about how the toaster over-toasted my bread, or that my sunglasses are too dark, or that the tile floor is too gosh-dang cold on my bare feet (I wish I was kidding about all those complaints. I told you I'm grumpy!). He deserves an award for putting up with me.

I think this pregnancy is different because it's my 2nd. I was in amazing shape with my first, and the whole thing was a breeze. This time, I'm a lot more out of shape, I'm busy with helping my parents move, I've got a lot of schoolwork, and I've got a busy toddler who goes a mile a minute.

Thankfully, she is more than happy to sit in her crib with a cup of juice, her stuffed animals and watch an hour of Sesame Street if I need just one extra hour of sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment