Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 8 of 30 Things

What are 5 passions that you have?

This one was actually kind of hard for me. I tried to think if I had any talents, or any one thing that I really liked to do, but then I realized that there weren't "things" or "hobbies" that I was truly passionate about. But more, people.

1. Family- I love my family. All of them. Grandparents, Aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, people who I'm not really related to but consider family anyways... I'm very passionate about loving my family, and always trying to be a good support for them. Whether they want it or not.

2. Being A Wife- I try with all my might to be a good wife. I haven't been doing a good job lately because I've been a big old baby with this pregnancy, but my husband still comes home every day, so I must be doing something right :-)

3. Being a Mother- I am very passionate about being a mother. I give it my all and I try my very best to be everything a mother should be. Again, lately I haven't done such a great job at this, and I've let my daughter watch too much TV and eat too many pieces of Halloween candy, but she loves me more than anyone else on this planet, and I love her twice as much as that. When she comes and wraps her arms around me for no reason other than to show me she loves and appreciates me, I realize I must be doing something right there too.

4. Being a good citizen of the world- People drive me crazy. They really do. I always feel inconvenienced by them and irritated by how they act. But I do try very hard to be kind (believe it or not). I feel that I am quick to forgive. I've been wronged by friends, but I will continue to consider them my friend and I truly pray for their well-being. There is no use for negativity and I'm passionate about being a friend to those who may need you. I'm always willing to listen to that stranger at the grocery store chat away for 20 minutes, because even though it drives me crazy, you never know when that someone was praying for a friend that day.

5. Life- I'm very grateful for my life. Its the first thing I pray about every night. Our life is such a special gift, and even though I may never be read about in the history books, and my life may never amount to more than a few happy kids with dirt on their faces and running around barefoot, I feel that my life is important, and I celebrate it every day.

(Muddy face from playing at the Narrows in Zions National Park)

No comments:

Post a Comment