Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween!

I have so much to do right now, we finally have every last bit of our stuff in our new house, but every time I look at all the boxes of junk, I get a little stressed. So while the baby is asleep, I thought I'd catch up on our Halloween!



All month long, Savannah has been so excited for Halloween. She became obsessed over pumpkins. Every time we went for our walk, we HAD to stop at every house and check out the pumpkins on the porch. She LOVED them! A couple of weeks ago, My family all went to a pumpkin patch to do a hay ride and pick out our Halloween pumpkins. Savannah was in heaven. I've never seen her more excited over anything. We let her wander around the patch, and she very meticulously, picked out 3 pumpkins to take home. She was very picky and specific on what she wanted. She would pick up a pumpkin, carry it around for a second, then if she didn't like it, she would put it back, and if she wanted it, she would hand it to us to put in the wagon.





Over the next couple of weeks, Bryant and I's big pumpkins sat on the porch, and anytime anyone came to the door, Savannah would proudly point and tell our guests "Wow! Issa punkin!". Her 3 little ones sat on the entertainment center in the living room, where she would pick them up and cart them around like they were one of her stuffed animals. She even gave me one to cuddle one one morning when I was laying sick on the couch!







She even picked out her pumpkin Halloween costume. We were planning on her being a monkey, and were at costco, walking around the costume rack looking for one her size, when she yelled out "Mommy! Punkin! Wow! Punkin!" So we of course, HAD to get her the pumpkin costume. When she tried it on, she didn't want to take it off!

The weekend before Halloween, I had heard that our local grocery store was doing a trick-or-treat thing, so I dressed Savannah up and we headed to the store.  This was her very first introduction to trick-or-treating and once she realized that people were giving her candy, she started going up to people and saying "more!". We had to work on saying please...




Halloween day was really fun. My parent's ward had a trunk-or-treat and I decided that would be easier than carting her around the neighborhood. Once Savannah realized that people were handing out candy, she went crazy! She had opened a couple of her candies halfway through the party, and towards the end, she was basically running sprints around the parking lot. I've never seen her so hyper and wound up! We ended up leaving a bit early because she was really getting out of control and it was hard for me to keep an eye on her. It takes 4 minutes to get from my parent's church to my house, and within that 4 minutes, she was out cold. And I mean OUT! I brought her in and laid her on the couch, I tried shaking her legs, tickling her chin, and I even scrubbed her face and hands with wipes to get the sticky sugar off of them and she didn't budge! She even slept through all of our trick-or-treaters knocking and ringing the doorbell. 

 (My sister as a Newsie, Savy as a pumpkin, and my mom as a cactus!)




(In a sugar-coma)

Finally, after about an hour, she slowly woke up. It took her about 10 minutes to realize she was home and fully wake up. Once she did, she pulled down her candy bucket and devoured more candy before I could stop her! Sugar rush #2 was just as entertaining as the first. Bryant and I were eating pizza and Bryant had put some ranch on his plate. Savannah picked it up and pretended to pour it on everything, then she got mad at me when I didn't want any on my plate. Then she kept climbing up on the couch, then yelling "Mommy! I stuck! I stuck!" Then she would smell her own feet, crinkle her nose and whisper "Eww, yucky!" I was cracking up!

The next morning, she was having a sugar hangover. She was so ornery and cranky and It was a rough morning for me because I was sick, trying to catch up on some homework, and trying to pack all at the same time. After her 3rd time-out that morning, she finally went back to sleep, 3 hours earlier than her normal nap time!

After that, we haven't given her any more candy...

I hope everyone else had as great of a Halloween as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment