Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 12 of 30 things

Day 12 of 30 Things: Describe a typical day.

My days are really not that interesting, so this post will probably be the same. I guess I'll just do a quick run-down.

8:00am: Bryant comes and gives me a kiss goodbye as he leaves for work. Then after he shuts the front door, I usually hear "Mommy! Mommy!" or "It's a clue! It's a clue!" from Savannah's room. She used to sleep until 10, but ever since daylight savings time, she jumped TWO hours back! Then it's out of the crib, diaper change, and Breakfast for the 2 of us. Usually fruit and milk for her, and cereal or cream of wheat with toast for me.

8:30am: Watch our morning cartoons. This usually consists of Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse club, and Blues clues.

9:30am: If I'm feeling well, then It's shower time. I stick Savannah in her crib with another cartoon while I jump in the shower, then when I get out, I stick her in the bathtub while I do my hair and makeup. If I'm not feeling well, then It's another hour of laying pathetically on the couch.

10:30am. Snack time. 

11:00- 1:00ish: Play time. We usually like to color, use the chalkboard, play with magnets, get chased around, snuggle our stuffed animals, hide behind corners and scare each other, read, sing songs, play on the iPad etc. Some days, I take Savannah to the movie theater.

1:15: Lunch

1:30 or 2:30-ish: Nap time. This means a bottle, a stuffed animal, a blanket and a cuddle. On a good day, she sleeps 2 hours. On a bad day, she sleeps 20 minutes. While Savannah takes a nap, I usually either take one as well, eat lunch, catch up on homework, read, or watch a TV show that isn't a cartoon.

(If It's Tuesday or Thursday, I leave for school at 12:20 and come home about 3:30 while my dad comes over to babysit.)

4:00: Wake up from nap and it's time to eat again. Then we sometimes run errands. Even if we don't need too. Being stuck inside all day sucks so we sometimes go to the grocery store, or maybe just the 2 of us go out to eat, or go window shopping. Bryant usually texts me around 4:30 to tell me he's getting off work and will be home by 5.

5:00: Bryant texts us again, saying that he's now on his way home from work. We try to clean up the house a bit. Key word being "Try". Savannah likes to help with laundry and dusting the most.

6:00: Bryant calls again to tell me he was supposed to leave at 5, but is just getting around to leaving. (Happens every. single. day.) We usually ask him to either pick something up for dinner, or we start cooking dinner.

7:00: Bryant finally comes home.

7:30: Dinner

8:00: Bryant and Savannah play, play, play. That little girl sure loves her daddy!

8:30-9:30 ish: Savannah gets tired, we put her down for bed and Bryant and I watch Sports Center together (even though I HATE sports center, I watch it because I love him ;-)

10:00: After dozing off on the couch, and Bryant laughing at me every time I snore, I decide I've had enough of college basketball and I head to bed.

11:00: Bryant comes to bed and I snuggle up to keep warm. And because I think he's pretty handsome.

Wash, rinse, repeat.


(This is just a typical day. I wish this schedule was more concrete, but nap times and stuff varies day to day. Most of the time, I just feel lazy. There isn't really that much going on to keep me productive. Also, my dad comes over to work everyday, so we spend a lot of time throughout the day hanging out with him. And sometimes, on the rare occasion, Bryant, Savannah and I will all go out to lunch or dinner.)



No comments:

Post a Comment